1.    #1  
    I'm getting ready to upgrade my phone. I'm looking at the Palm Centro and the Blackberry Pearl. Tell me why I should choose Centro over Pearl. I really need your help, thanks.
    Well Pastor Tim...since each phone has its own strengths and weaknesses, tell us a little about what you need your smartphone to do for you. You may also find that reading reviews on each model will be very helpful.
    Mike
    Keyboard!
    Blackberry Data Plan.
  5.    #5  
    Well, my basic needs are programs that I can track my mileage with, budget, text, email, and internet. Some entertainment would be welcomed.
    What you are looking for is more about the applications. I would definetly go with palm over bb for software.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    ya, touch screen makes applications super nice.

i honestly hated the software and menus on the blackberry phones. It was confusing adn hard to navigate.

Palm has a great deal more support for applications and programming for applications you might need in the future. it's a pretty open OS.
    Pastor Tim, Because this is a Palm site you're not gonna get to many votes for the BB. I will tell you, I use my Centro for the same reasons you said you would be using. I can do all those things. Emails are different on the BB. They come as soon as sent. You also have a more pricey data plan. The Centro you need to click eMail to download. You can set to auto download if you want. For me... if I want to check my eMail, I just click to download.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    Tracking mileage - bunches of applications do that. I use HanDBase to track almost everything I do that is work related and one of those things is my mileage: beginning/to/from/ending.

Budgeting - again there are many applications that do this I wrote a HanDBase applet to track that sort of thing. There is Pocket Quicken and bunches similar to it.

Email - I use ChatterEmail.

There really are just so many applications for the Palm OS that do the job very well.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by pastortimfarmer View Post
    Well, my basic needs are programs that I can track my mileage with, budget, text, email, and internet. Some entertainment would be welcomed.
    If you use chatter with something like imap idle or EAS with any email app you can get push email easily.

Blackberry data plans alone would be enough to sway me away from those.