Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Late Sunday. Or sometime next week
    Thanks, extremly looking forward to testing it out.
    Are you going to let people download a trial? i won't buy without it :O.
  4.    #124  
    Of course
  5.    #125  
    New version has been uploaded. 0.93.
    New features:
    1. Slide pages with your fingers to move to next/previous page
    2. Hide bottom bar
    3. Menu - X exits the app
    4. Add a category called "Card" and it will show your SD card apps
    5. Icons are now loaded from SD Card
    6. Some bugfixes.
    I feel like a kid! Can't wait to try this new version out...be back with the outcome, thanks!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    OK, looks good so far & icons from the SD are showing now, but now there's a small lag, between screens. Will keep you posted tomorrow when I get more testing on it...

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Hi Ahsirg

v 0.93 is very nice. I'm happy my card app icons are showng and my thumb is happy with sliding TL pages over with it.

looks good, card icons now showing up. BUT the lag is pretty bad. 2seconds. I click on something and I can count 2 mississipi until the function happens. I know it dosent seems like a long time but it makes the program unusable for some I would think. This is a major thing that I would think needs to be looked into.this is the only thing I can find playing around with it on my train ride to work but I will continue. its just about there. without the lag its terriffic
    Hey vacc

I noticed the TL opening lag too. I thought it was just me not being fully awake early this morning.

It does take longer for TL to open....

11.    #131  
    The lag is due to the icon from card loading. It cant be removed.
    I just can make an option to
    a) hide card apps from All
    b) dont load icons from card
    Man Ahsirg, hurry up and release it so I can try it out! (and maybe buy it!). I am soo looking forward to this, and if yours is good enough I'll buy this instead of Zlauncher!
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    The lag is due to the icon from card loading. It cant be removed.
    I just can make an option to
    a) hide card apps from All
    b) dont load icons from card
    u should cache the icons in ram like treo launcher does.. it takes icons from card and doesnt case any lag.. after a reset u will have to reload again ... can make a menu shortcut ..menu-i to reload icons after phone reset.. that should help with having no lag
  14.    #134  
    thanks for the idea! I will see if i can implement that in an elegant way
  15.    #135  
    I am trying to be quick:
    DOWNLOAD v.094 to try out card icon caching!
    That was quick! Gonna try now!

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Can I try this TouchLauncher? Also what about KeyGEX and Touchbook? Can I use those with my Centro? I want that sliding bar before I use my phone. Thanks!
    Not sure what the Clear Icon Cache does as I clear it but its still slow.
    Sometimes the 'please wait' screen comes on and its 4-5 seconds. That delay is a huge issue at this time. Biggest is when selecting a category from menu . There's a 2-3 second wait until it opens and going into and from this launcher gives the whlte screen for 2-3 seconds.
    also when scanning memory it goes past 100 percent (sd card I assume) but when it hits 112 percent it turns to ?n##
    instead of 113 and up, no biggie for function , just thought you might want to know
    Suggestions
    Ability to bring up bottim bar and remove it by hitting a key (say B for example)
    Also when the bar leaves it dosent fill up the space making it look strange . Like a row of icons is missing. Just a
    thought.

Other than the Delay it seems perfect. I wouldbt want to give up the SD card icons so hopefully you have a solution instead of getting rid of it. .
    Terrific launcher that's just about there.
    hopefully we get this icon thing fixed so we can use icons from:

h**p://www.spaziocellulare.com/ispazio/en/icons/
  20.    #140  
    I think we are all talking about different lags.
    What I am talking about is
    In 093 there was a lag, that would be seen when switching pages because of loading icons from SD card. Since v.094 they are cached and the lag will appear only the first time TL is run.
    Other "please wait" messages, which appear on clicking Category and Edit are while loading the database, and will probably stay there.
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast