Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    I want to add that I tested how the categories works and not sure if this is intentional or not. I took 3 apps and put them in the phone category, took another 3 and put them in the System category.I tapped on the Category icon on the bottom bar and selected Phone. Now I see the 3 apps in phone BUT I figured I would go from the "Phone" category to the "system" category using the 5Way or the Arrows But the 5Way only keeps moving around whitin the Phone category and the arrows only move whitin a category. the only way to go from category to category is using the icon on the bottom bar.
    There should be a way to select the category using the5 way button or someting otheriwse you have to take out the Stylus everytime you want to change a category . (Say I am in Phone making a call, now I want to open Pocket Tunes. I have to take out the stylus and click on the icon and then I can use the 5 way to select the category. )
    I got a major issue that i sent to the developer but wanted to post here so someone else can check it.

using Edit give each Program its correct Category . I have about 60 or more apps , well after going into edit and changing the category from Unfiled to "System " , "Main" etc , after around 40-50 It gave me a Error 10 Subscript error and then reset and everything was back in unfiled and all my work (over an hour) was gone , And I cant go to Edit anymore , it resets everytime.

I am going to have to delete the program compltley and see if it will work after installing again.

The error said

"Error 10: Subscript out of bounds"
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 04/11/2008 at 04:36 PM.
    OK this is interesting . I deleted the main file and anything associated with in (using the creator ID ) using filez. I reinstalled 9.1 fresh and low and behold all the catergories of the default launcher are being picked up just as I have the default luacher set up. So maybe isntalling 9.1 over 9.0 is not a good thing. I reccomend deleting the old proream before isntalling new betas.

Also I am still getting the Resets when I hit Edit.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 04/11/2008 at 04:44 PM.
    Hi VaccPalm

I just finished moving 92 items from 'Unfiled' to other Categories using the "Edit" on my Centro and had no problems what so ever.

I even overwrote v 0.90 with 0.91

The only thing that comes to mind at the moment, is you must have a corruption on your device. If it dorked on you when you hit the 50th item, maybe the coruption is in that app that you tried to move to another category....

I think that might be it BUT from what I just experianced you dont have to move the programs manually . A fresh install of 9.1 and TouchLauncer was picking up all the programs in all the categories that I have the default set up in. Didnt have to do anything. And it cant be picking anything up from when I previosuly did 40 of them as I wasnt using correct cattegories. I was just testing it for the developer . Can someone who has not isntalled it check this out . Delete 9.0 and isntall 9,1 and all programs are in the correct categories off the bat.
    I am however still getting the reset once in a while when I click Edit. probally 1 out of every 5 times I click it. Safeguard is telling me touchLaucher is the reason for the reset but not the reason why.
    Here my final thought after using it for hours today.

Clock should not show military time .

Its hard to figure out what Apps on card are showing up on laucher. You can miss one or two and unless you reconciled every card app to what is on the launcher (I have like 70 apps on my card) its just hard to do as they dont show up in Unfiled so you just dont now what is showing up and what is not.

Have a way to remove the bottom bar until used

Have a way to use the 5Way to move to different categorys.

Just some suggestions. Otherwise this is a great app and very cool looking . getting near ready for prime time.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 04/12/2008 at 07:18 AM.
    Here's what it looks like on my Treo 755 thus far...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    @rev, that looks pretty darn nice!

by the way, which program are you using to snap that image?
  9.    #69  
    Ok. thanks everyone for the replies. There will be AM/PM time, I just need to add it to the TopBar module I am using in all my apps (TL,TB,KeyGex, etc)
    Bottom bar will go away with an option

VaccPalm, glad to hear you have figured out the problem.

You can switch categories without tapping on the screen: press Space on your Treo!
    AHhh the space bar. Thats terriffic , works perfect.

Deleting 9.0 and a fresh install of 9.1 fixed most my issues but I still get the resets when hitting "Edit" from the drop down menu. Its random . Last night it seemed to go away but this morning I tried it and it reset my Centro.Now if its only me then its just an interaction with another 3rd party app on my Centro.
    Anyone else have that issue?

The only other possible bug I have is that apps in Unfiled , dont show up . Actually when I click on "Unfiled" it just goes to the "ALL" category. I tested it by putting 3apps in unfiled and rescanned memory and they didnt show up in unfiled. they did show up in "ALL" and I tried moving apps to Unfiled but I cant get unfiled to show anything.

It really is looking great.

I guess my only issue (and this isnt a bug issue, is the apps on SD card , most of us keep alot on the card. I have 70-90 . I think I put all of them into categories but the manage screen theres no way to see if a App on the card is actually in a cartegory. maybe I missed one Would be good if apps on the card and not in categorys yet could go to unfiled or in the manage screen it would say what category you have an app selected to (or if you dont have any)

Any list of updates for the next Beta (if your having another beta?)
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 04/12/2008 at 07:38 AM.
    I use PDAReach by JuneFabrics(the makers of PDANet) it actually snaps the whole Treo(to your PC), I just trimmed it down.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Rhino, you can set it to only capture the screen from the menu when you do a right click on PdaReach.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Nacho, true, very true, but it looks a lot nicer full screen yes I know more work on my end...

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Haha, okay.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    http://freeiphoner.com/wp-content/up...r-att-8525.jpg
    nice theme 4 iphone... can we push into palm.. haha
    Where did you get those icons, Italian? Some of those would nice to use with TL as well. So far, I've been liking this. To be honest, I had always felt that if someone liked the way an iphone looked, why not buy one, but this is fun. Also, I found out by accident, that even though TL assigns itself to the Home key, it didn't mess with my I8 launcher. I'm able to toggle between the two with subsequent pressed of the Home key. I have to hit the icon for the stock launcher to come up now, but I never use it anyway.
    Thanks for the Tips.. Deleting the preferences files and relaunching TL and it picked up the categories. After one day of testing here is my feedback combined with my previous requests/suggestions.

First and Foremost - Great App - Elegant and Simple, don't let us pressure you to add too much

Here is my list of bugs or quirks
    * Fixed - rename "Delete" to "Remove" on Manage applications page.
    * Fixed - Counters - start to look at after 20 and I wonder what happens if you go over 100?
    * Fixed - Index errors in several places such as selecting down arrow on Manage screen w/o an application selected
    * Minor Bug - If you launch before fully initializes the phone you get "____ mmyLibDispatchTable" message instead of carrier name.
    * Minor - Lists itself in the application list w/o an Icon (why bother)
    * Fixed - Duplicate icons for apps in ROM and RAM
    * Minor - provide Edit menu to allow pasting of RegCode
    * New Annoying - Drag to Next Page (right arrow) does not behave as I would expect -details below - suggestion move to end of list on page 2 rather than first item to prevent quirky behavior.

Feature Requests
    * Implemented - Ability to rescan to add new apps (but not add ones I removed)
    * Implemented - Dragging icon onto info box should should you application info
    * Outstanding - larger or configurable fonts for Time and Category
    * Outstanding - configurable option for Military or AM/PM
    * Implemented - If you drop Icon on Info box it should list applicaiton info
    * Outstanding - in Manage Applications allow you to move to bottom or move to top of the list rather than just up and down one at a time.
    * New - When using 5 way on Manage Applications screen and you the big box around the application names highlighted I would like to see up and down Page up and Page Down and you could use right or left to get it to the other buttons/areas on the screen.
    * New - Dragging an application onto category icon it should let you change category or alternatively bring up the Edit application submenu (otherwise accessed from the Manage screen) and let you edit icon, change categories etc...
    * New - Option to have it return to last category rather than always returning to All
    * New - Have Home within application cycle through categories
    * New - When editing application information from Manage screen it should return you to list with the application you just finished editing selected rather than none and find yourself back at the top of the list.
    * New - when editing icon would it be possible to select the icon set and then be presented with a set of thumbnails that you can pick from (spoiled by Takephone

Details on drag and drop to next/previous pages : Dropping application on previous (left arrow) works as I would expect moves it to last position of the previous page and rearranging seems to work ok for me. If I drag an app to the arrow it does move it to the next page. Except focus switches with it to that new page. Generally I'm trying to move it off the page I'm on and don't want to run it right now. I would like to see it stay focused on the page I'm on and just move the app. Rerrange does not stick. Example I have three icons along top of page 1 : Aapp, Bapp, Capp. If I drab app B to page 2 via the arrows it does go to page 2. If I return to page 1 my first 3 icons are now Aapp, Capp, Dapp. Great!! If I now drag Capp to page 2 it will also move to page 2 however, Appb is no longer there it is in fact back on page 1 next to Aapp just where I moved it from so now looks like Aapp, Bapp, Dapp. I'm guessing that when I move Bapp to page 2 it opens up a spot on page1 and promotes the first appon page 2 to page 1 and your logic places Bapp in first position on page 2. Then when I move Capp to page 2 Bapp now gets promoted to page 1 and is alpha sorted. I would suggest when an app is dropped on the right arrow it get sorted to the bottom of the next page and the app that is promoted to previous page be added in the last position.
    I'm sure he would like other input on logical behavior of rearranging icons when you start to span pages. I found the Drag to right arrow behavior odd and annoying when I was trying to demote several appl to later pages but I'm not sure how to describe what is the best way.

How does it work on the IPhone? Those guys at apple are usually do pretty slick interfaces.

Andy
    Okay, a few more recommendations:

1) Ability to rename apps. Some apps are too long in the original format (e.g. the camcorder), and some apps like Nexter bare no resemblance to their real name.

2) Ability to filter by first typed letter in the "Manage Applications" function. Same problem as the Launcher itself...takes forever to work through the apps and once you set one it returns you back to the top of the list.

3) Expand the listing of icons from three to five (I think they would still fit on the screen. Again, it takes to long and demands too much dexterity to keep hitting the arrows. Or better yet, pics of the icon set that you can quickly scroll through on the device.

4) In the zip file, include a screenshot for the PC to see which icons are which and what their corresponding number is, so that people can set it up easier, simply by looking at which app is the one they want.
    Last edited by Treo Musketeers; 04/13/2008 at 12:00 AM.
    [QUOTE=Grundig;1431763]
    * New - Dragging an application onto category icon it should let you change category or alternatively bring up the Edit application submenu (otherwise accessed from the Manage screen) and let you edit icon, change categories etc...
    * New - Option to have it return to last category rather than always returning to All
    * New - Have Home within application cycle through categories

My opinion these are great ideas , especially the first one.
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast