Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    No surprises. Some more Dynamic features, Title bar custom text setting and overall bugfixes including a critical one with beaming apps.
    I'll release it tomorrow probably.
    AWESOME!!!

I can't hardly wait. (I feel like a kid in a candy store.)

Thanks, Ryhor!!!

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
  2.    #642  
    TouchLauncher v.2.3

- dynamic unread email icon (counter)
    - new gesture - tap and drag bottom-to-top to change category
    - ability to put user text instead of carrier name (Options->Titlebar)
    - fixed critical error when beaming/sending application files

Downloads | ahsirg's software developments
    TouchLauncher v.2.3

- dynamic unread email icon (counter)

WAY COOL, BUDDY! VERY AWESOME!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

- new gesture - tap and drag bottom-to-top to change category

Very nice!!! I like it a lot.

- ability to put user text instead of carrier name (Options->Titlebar)

Very cool. Thanks for adding that!

- fixed critical error when beaming/sending application files

Downloads | ahsirg's software developments
    I thought I posted this yesterday, something to the effect of...

AWESOME JOB, Ryhor!!!

Really nice job! Thanks!!!

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 06/07/2009 at 12:07 PM.

I've had MULTIPLE crashes today (none I believe were related to TL) where I had to physically take the battery out & put it back in. Each time my 755p reset it defaulted to the standard (Palm OS) launcher. Is there a feature or checkbox somewhere that I am missing where I can set TL as the default launcher (after resets)? (Once it's run it is set as the default but I'm wondering about an "automatic" default so in case you have to reset, or your phone crashes, that you are not thrust back into that nasty standard launcher and then have to activate TL to get outta there.) I've seen it in other launchers so I'm wondering if I am just overlooking it here. TIA!

This might sound a bit contradictory to my enthusiasm on Saturday but is there a way to disable the new gesture (tap and drag bottom-to-top to change category)?

I really like it, but also find that at times I'm trying to swipe from screen to screen and all of my icons are moving all over the place up/down & left/right, in a jerky/jumpy/irregular manner bec. they are trying to do both (up/down category change while doing the left/right swiping).

And along those lines...

would it be possible to add invisible arrows/buttons, like in the exact location as they were on the (now extinct) bottom bar? I know it is your intention to keep TL a "touch" launcher and limit the amount of keystrokes, and I'm fine with that, but with this way you could move to the left or right by tapping the screen (still "touching"), yet without the bigger swiping motion. I would offer that this suggestion be an option that people could turn on/off. Also, if this were to be implemented, then you could tap to swipe AND still change categories by going up/down.

All the best. Still hugely impressed!

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Or would it be possible for only one gesture, once started, to be completed at a time? This might prevent it from "detecting" a second motion, while the first one is still in process.
    Quote Originally Posted by RBallard View Post
    Or would it be possible for only one gesture, once started, to be completed at a time? This might prevent it from "detecting" a second motion, while the first one is still in process.
    Not sure if there are any code limitations but I like that idea.

I sent a message to the developer to see if he could allow the user to define the color of the box that goes around the app (when you move it with the 5-way). With the wallpaper that I use it is pretty hard for me to determine where I am on the screen. (The light blue is sometimes really hard to see, whether it is my background or bec. I am outside and the sun is shining brightly, etc.). I realize I could simply change the background to something else, something more complimentary, but the particular wallpaper I use has a "personal" meaning to me and I realy like seeing it.

I kind of look at it as the way you have (color) options for the titlebar, helping integrate certain areas with the user's look & experience.

Will let you know if & when I hear something. All the best.

Here's another iconset:

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...Dreamsicle.jpg

It's small -- only 20 icons -- but maybe there will be an icon or two that you like.

Download it by following this link...

Dreamsicle.prc
    Dreamsicle.prc - FileFactory

I love how you can start a Google search while (still) using TL -- without having to physically go to the Google home page to start a search simply press the space key and it pops up. That being said, would it be possible to add other web sites (and I'm referring to their mobile versions) that you could (automatically) search? For example,

Amazon
    Bing
    eBay
    facebook
    MySpace
    Twitter
    Wapedia
    Wikipedia
    Yahoo
    Youtube

and they would be activated by typing the first letter of each search, then a space and then what you are looking for, such as

"a_XXXXX" for Amazon
    "b_XXXXX" for Bing
    "e_XXXXX" for eBay

etc.

"W" would be for Wikipedia, probably a more standard use of the "w" key, while "wa" could be for Wapedia (even though Wapedia is what I use when using my phone, I'd bet that others would prefer (the logic) that wikipedia be "w" and not "wi")

"Y" for Yahoo, and "YT" for YouTube.

In total, 10 more sites would be added to the search capabilities. Or, in other words, you could search ten more sites w/o having to leave TL, and go to their respective home page.

I'm guessing that logic (code?) could be introduced since you can narrow down apps by typing full names such as c, then ca, then cam, etc. (to get to camcorder or camera), but of couse I don't know. Maybe you could tell it to recognize a particular letter followed by a space and then it changes to search that site.

(Or, you could just add a "down" arrow next to or below the G for Google and then you could toggle (from a list of drop-down choices) which site you wanted to go to, all without having to do the "a_XXXXX" for Amazon, "b_XXXXX" for Bing, etc.)

All the best.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I like Fan's idea of having multiple search options. Why not keep the current layout, only list several options (with smaller icons obviously) showing on the screen concurrently? This way, one could begin to type their query, only they'd see more than just a magnifying glass and capital "G". Given that there's already a dozen "finger sized" icons on the home screen, why not use the same size as parameters for the list of search choices? It could even be customized (sort of like the search bar on Mozilla--you can choose what search engines are available to you). We could go to an option screen and toggle Google, Amazon, Yahoo, Wiki, and the like, so the ones we use most will pop onto the screen, and the clutter won't be there as people can just remove the check from the box to keep the icon from showing up during search.
    I like Fan's idea of having multiple search options. Why not keep the current layout, only list several options (with smaller icons obviously) showing on the screen concurrently? This way, one could begin to type their query, only they'd see more than just a magnifying glass and capital "G". Given that there's already a dozen "finger sized" icons on the home screen, why not use the same size as parameters for the list of search choices? It could even be customized (sort of like the search bar on Mozilla--you can choose what search engines are available to you). We could go to an option screen and toggle Google, Amazon, Yahoo, Wiki, and the like, so the ones we use most will pop onto the screen, and the clutter won't be there as people can just remove the check from the box to keep the icon from showing up during search.
    Sounds good to me.

13.    #654  
    The search idea looks good to me. I put it on my list
    Thanks
    The search idea looks good to me. I put it on my list
    Thanks
    Thank you!

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Woo Hoo! :-D
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Ahsirg, are you taking suggestions on what search engines to include in the next release?
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Another thought struck me: Would it be possible to have different colors (or patterns/ styles even) to choose from for the dynamic calander icon? The black number on a white pad with a blue stripe across the top is nice and all, but how about getting to choose from some alternate accent colors to top off the icon? Or, better yet, is it possible to have a different accent color for each day of the week? Monday could be red, Tuesday would be blue, Wednesday Green, etc...
    Another thought struck me: Would it be possible to have different colors (or patterns/ styles even) to choose from for the dynamic calander icon? The black number on a white pad with a blue stripe across the top is nice and all, but how about getting to choose from some alternate accent colors to top off the icon? Or, better yet, is it possible to have a different accent color for each day of the week? Monday could be red, Tuesday would be blue, Wednesday Green, etc...
    Not a bad idea -- would be pretty cool actually.

Or, you could have a "simpler" option which has one color (that you choose) for the weekdays and one color (that you choose) for the weekend days.

Along the lines of colors, I could also see the option to change the color of the text (when you search).

But all of that can wait, in my humble opinion, until we get the simple option to make TL the default launcher (EDIT: after resets). The few times my phone resets or I have to reset it, I wish it didn't go back in the standard launcher.

All the best!

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Not to hijack the thread, but there is a way ro solve your dilemma: you can frind a pretty sweet piece of freeware called "Apt" that, among *numerous* other things, can launch one or more apps right after a reset. I've got it set to launch Lightspeed, Noah Pro, LEDoff, and TL, in that order, thus allowing every reset to leave my phone in the same state it was in before.