Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    Good idea on Email, I'll see what I can do. As well as for the Clock. I like it.

Thanks for the new iconsets I will upload them asap just very short on time right now. Sorry.
    Clock? I don't remember what that suggestion was. Were you maybe referring to where I suggested to hide/toggle off the phone service provider (or allow us to put our name there instead)?

Does that mean we could expect to see a version 2.3 or 2.4, soon?

All the best!

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    Ok, here's the latest iconset...

It's called Aquaticus.

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v.../Aquaticus.jpg

I'll be sending this to Ryhor for his web site, but in the meantime you may download the file by going to this link:

Aquaticus.prc - FileFactory

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    Ever wanted to place a "visual break" between icons, or make a pattern with the icons on your screen? Something like this?

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...515-221231.jpg

or

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...515-221316.jpg

or

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...515-221246.jpg

Well, you can! You could simply assign the graphic I created (from the iconset called "invisible") which makes icons disappear. (There's only one graphic in that iconset -- the other 7 graphics that show up are just the blank, rounded icons.)

BUT...that app would still be there...so what if you want "nothing" there? No transparent graphic over an app? I mean, you don't want to hit a bare spot and have it do something (launch an app) do you?

One way to do this (and there might be other or even simpler ways) is to:

1) create an icon/app with WebLinks or SharkLinks (a url like Google that doesn't have many graphics and therefore takes up a very small amount of RAM)

2) move the app to the card with LinkStart

3) that original icon should now be a gray box, and do nothing when you click on it, so set the custom icon (Menu-G) to the invisible graphic, and Viola!

You can download the "invisible" graphic by clicking on this link:

invisible.prc - FileFactory

And here's another iconset -- it's called "bluebird."

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...rd_preview.jpg

You can download the "bluebird" iconset by clicking on this link:

bluebird.prc - FileFactory

hey fan i really love the aquaticus prc. so smooth! touchlauncher is so cool. lets pray that the developer has plans to update the program soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by patti30 View Post
    hey fan i really love the aquaticus prc. so smooth! touchlauncher is so cool. lets pray that the developer has plans to update the program soon.
    Thanks, and you're welcome! I can't really take the credit though. It was another developer's/artist's set and I just converted it to the TouchLauncher icon form. I just wish I had time to convert some more right now (I've got a really cool one just waiting for me). My family and I (me and the family -- however you say it) are taking a (long overdue) vacation starting on Tuesday and I won't be around for about a week and a half. I'll miss being around but will come back even more jazzed up.

If you can't tell, I really, really like (love is probably a better word) TouchLauncher. It has brought back so much life to my phone. I find myself just staring at it sometimes. It's both cool & odd at the same time.

Was there anything special that you would like to see in an update? I would be more than happy to help Ryhor by alpha or beta testing something. Maybe my "absence" will give him just the time he needs to "whip" something up.

All the best.

it would be nice to have the bluetooth icon showing and also if there can be a change that allows icons to be stored on the expansion card. that would be the most important update for me
    fanofdatreo,
    Would you please upload the individual icons (again)...
    TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by patti30 View Post
    it would be nice to have the bluetooth icon showing and also if there can be a change that allows icons to be stored on the expansion card. that would be the most important update for me
    All great suggestions!

As for my BIG improvements, which (I think) would just be minor tweaks to the code, I would like to see:

1) The ability to make the bar at the top, which I have in black, be transparent. I believe it is translucent, but I would like to see it be transparent (clear).

2) The ability to change your phone carrier name to whatever text you like, maybe even your name, for example (like can be done when hacking the iPhone).

3) The ability to define the color of the icon selector box to whatever color the user would prefer. (Maybe even just an underline or underscore stroke instead of a full square.)

and, lastly, this may be more than just a minor tweak...

4) but add a dynamic e-mail (notification/counter) icon.

Ok, gotta run! All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    fanofdatreo,
    Would you please upload the individual icons (again)...
    TIA
    RA: Please try this...

FODT_bmps_from_TouchLauncher.zip - FileFactory

Is there a way to "spread out" the icons? They are all bunched towards the middle and the top, leaving that big gap on the bottom and the sides. Would be nice if they were spread out filling the whole screen. It would make it look tons better and you could see the background much better =D

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I never saw an answer to a question I posted a while back (it's below). Still wondering if there is a fix, I know it's a "real bug', and not specific to MY phone only, as Ultimate Phone, and Z-Launcher both exhibited the behavior, but were subsequently fixed by the developers with new versions.

Thanks.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by LarryF View Post
    Got a question for all you TouchLauncher users. When I use it on my AT&T Centro, I see a flash of the "normal" Palm launcher, before returning to Touch Launcher from a 3rd part app (having launched it from TouchLauncher). What's that about? Any way to eliminate it? It's quite annoying.

Thanks.

Larry
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidiot View Post
    Is there a way to "spread out" the icons? They are all bunched towards the middle and the top, leaving that big gap on the bottom and the sides. Would be nice if they were spread out filling the whole screen. It would make it look tons better and you could see the background much better =D

Thanks!
    I believe the "gap" you are referring to (under the third row of four icons) is so that you can "grab" the screen and throw/swipe it to the right or left.

To me, it's not a big deal, but I understand where you are coming from.

All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    I believe the "gap" you are referring to (under the third row of four icons) is so that you can "grab" the screen and throw/swipe it to the right or left.

To me, it's not a big deal, but I understand where you are coming from.

All the best.
    Well you can swipe from anywhere....I actually have never swiped from down there :P

The icons HAVE to spread out to the sides and down more, right now they are bunched up to the middle and the top. Doesn't look proper, and like I said, then you could see the background much better.

Same amount of icons on each page, just spread out to actually fill the screen that would be epic! I'd pay $20 for that, ahsirg
    Well you can swipe from anywhere....I actually have never swiped from down there :P

The icons HAVE to spread out to the sides and down more, right now they are bunched up to the middle and the top. Doesn't look proper, and like I said, then you could see the background much better.

Same amount of icons on each page, just spread out to actually fill the screen that would be epic! I'd pay $20 for that, ahsirg
    Yeah, I hear ya. (You could try throwing everything into one category -- that's how I have all of my apps set up.)

Overall, I'm very happy but I'd pay $20 to have a feature added myself. I'd like to see the locations of the apps/icons on the screen assigned to (actual) keys, following a slight derivation of the number key locations on the keyboard:

1 2 3 y
    4 5 6 h
    7 8 9 b

I know that could cause a slight problem with narrowing down the "search by spelling the app feature" but I'm sure you could figure it out, like hitting the white button in the bottom left corner first, then the corresponding key/letter for the desired app. That's kind of what the search feature does by allowing you to hit the "space" key first.

While I've never had a problem with the layout (of the current 12 icons, a 4x3 grid), I'm starting to appreciate your suggestion/request more and more. I understand what you are talking about with the "bunching up," and maybe I just happen to be using the right background that the current layout doesn't effect how I see my background, but I would like to see your request with a slight variation: instead of 12 icons have 16 icons on the screen, a 4x4 grid. Obviously you would get more icons on the screen (which is why I like it) but I think if you had only 9 icons, all perfectly centered, that it would be a waste of real estate of all the white/dead space. (Yes, you'd see your background better but I think you would be wasting space. Much how the current layout could be considered a waste of space with all that blank space at the bottom -- it would just be distributed differently -- still wasting the space.) Just a thought. All the best.

17.    #637  
    I'm here to answer to the recent posts, thanks for them!

1. The space at the bottom is "thumb-sized" so one can use the thumb to scroll the icons, while holding the phone with the same hand. I don't think it will be changed.

2. Another row of icons would never fit in there without killing the aesthetics using "Z-launcher" and other launchers "way" by crowding the icons and the text.

3. The bug with ATT centros and home-flashing has not been fixed and likely will not be ever at least until I find myself in the US. Sorry.

4. Again. Very sorry, but no kind of number-letter assigning to applications is planned. At least for now. The maximum is tweaking keyboard filter a bit.

5. Some kind of update is coming soon to all TL, TouchBook, and KeyGEx. I wanted to bundle it with the TouchPhoto release, but the latter one is very far from being over.

Hope i've covered everything. If not feel free to bump me on the head and point
    1. The space at the bottom is "thumb-sized" so one can use the thumb to scroll the icons, while holding the phone with the same hand. I don't think it will be changed.

2. Another row of icons would never fit in there without killing the aesthetics using "Z-launcher" and other launchers "way" by crowding the icons and the text.
    In response to some of your numbers...

1. I figured that.

2. I forgot that you could even have the icon names there, since I hide them. ;-)

Looking forward to seeing what else is coming!!! Thanks for giving the heads up. :-) (I'm really excited now!)

5. Some kind of update is coming soon to all TL, TouchBook, and KeyGEx.
    Any type of hints regarding an update to TL?

20.    #640  
    No surprises. Some more Dynamic features, Title bar custom text setting and overall bugfixes including a critical one with beaming apps.
    I'll release it tomorrow probably.