Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334 LastLast
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Yep, I run both on my Treo, and they play together nicely. TAKEphONE is a phone application (which I also *highly* recommend), that more or less replaces the functionality of the default phone app that comes with the Centro/Treo, so it has no reason *not* to work with the application launcher.
    Thx RBallard for the info. i just bought both apps and have them running on my centro. So far i'm loving both apps.

Thanks again
  3.    #583  
    Two more iconsets have been uploaded to my website. A bit of steampunk, anyone?
    TouchLauncher Iconsets | ahsirg's software developments
    Cool!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Got a question for all you TouchLauncher users. When I use it on my AT&T Centro, I see a flash of the "normal" Palm launcher, before returning to Touch Launcher from a 3rd part app (having launched it from TouchLauncher). What's that about? Any way to eliminate it? It's quite annoying.

Thanks.

Larry
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Is it just a blank white screen, or the entire "home" screen that you would see without otherwise using Touchlauncher?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBallard View Post
    Is it just a blank white screen, or the entire "home" screen that you would see without otherwise using Touchlauncher?
    It is the standard Palm launcher screen, complete with icons, that momentarily appears.

Larry
    Quote Originally Posted by glt9007 View Post
    How about the option for a transparent top bar?
    Did this get implemented? TIA!

What about the ability to "swipe" from one screen to the next but by doing it w/the 5-way with only one click to the right or left (as opposed to clicking it four times)?

EDIT: I was referring to a movement similar to Treo Launcher where left and right on the 5-way would be like the swipe effect, and then moving the 5-way down would then "jump you down" (drop you) to the category so that you could navigate it with the 5-way (like you currently can).
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 05/01/2009 at 01:10 AM.

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    Global Posts
    2,155 Global Posts
    I've downloaded a couple iconsets to my memory card. How do I retrieve them to use?
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    Thanks, maybe I'll include google all the time, have to think bout it.
    Tried this out for the first time yesterday. Bought it today. Simple, clean, very nice!

Would love to see the possibility of being able to change the big G (for Google) to some other options, like eBay, etc. But it's not that important. Just being able to skip the Google home page is great.

Does someone have a Photoshop template I could use for the icons (to make it easier to create the icons)? I've figured out how to make icons but I can't seem to get the transparency fixed in the rounded corners of the bmps. Would be happy to contribute when I'm done playing around. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 05/03/2009 at 11:27 PM.

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
  11.    #591  
    wbdillworth, iconsets must be installed to RAM
    fanofdatreo, you can search youtube for iPhone icon tutorials for Photoshop there are some good ones.
    fanofdatreo, you can search youtube for iPhone icon tutorials for Photoshop there are some good ones.

Thanks. Looked for a little while, then gave up. It did make me think about just Google-ing iphone icon template, and that sort of helped, but not really. I can create the rounded square of the icon but can't get the outside of it to be transparent.

If anyone has any pointers or a template (PSD) that I can use, it would be greatly appreciated. I would love to just whip right through, like the icons I've done for TreoLauncher (with a PSD template), but I'm stuck. I just need to get over this first hurdle.

EDIT: For clarity, I'm not having a problem w/the four files inside the folder, just getting the outer edge of the bmp file to be transparent (the part outside of the icon).

EDIT #2: In other words, there has to be an easy way to just simply drag a 59x59 graphic onto a template that will automatically make the round edges and everything on the outside be transparent. (I'm not complaining, just trying to make myself clear.)

EDIT #3: (My last edit, I promise!) I have over 60 (more) apps that don't yet have slick graphics/icons that I am itching to make! Again, I'll share w/all, if someone can share a template w/me. It will make this so much easier.
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 05/02/2009 at 08:23 AM.

Ryhor:

I have to hand it to you. You really do have a nice program here. It is obvious that you have spent A LOT of time working on it. Bravo!

Along the lines of someone's previous suggestion of making the top bar (color) transparent, could you also add the option to hide/toggle off the phone service provider? I really like Verizon but I don't need to see their brand every time I use TouchLauncher. Of course I don't know how to do this since I am not a programmer but I know that it can be done (TealOS was able to do away w/the phone company name).

While an argument could be made that it is good to see the phone company name that way you know you have service (like in TAKEphONE, when you see "TAKEphONE" (instead of your phone provider's name) you know your radio/phone is off) but still being able to see the radio signal bars/indicators (in the upper left) is all I need. I really like to see things as simple as possible, and, again, I'm asking if an "option" can be created (that way those who still want to see their phone service provider can).

Thanks for your consideration, and all of your efforts! All the best.
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 05/02/2009 at 12:42 PM.

When coupling TouchLauncher with a few other programs (TAKEphONE, 2day & 4cast), together they make a complete OS skin. This is AWESOME!!!

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...952-121849.jpg

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...952-121803.jpg

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...952-121816.jpg

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...952-121833.jpg

Ryhor: One more thought (suggestion)...do you think you could make the box that goes around the currently selected icon be a different color? I mean, could I select the color I would like for it to be (instead of the default blue)? If you notice in my screenshot since I am using a blue background, it is hard to sometimes see, esp. when outside. If I could select it to be a different color that would really be helpful.

Or, maybe even just an underline or underscore stroke (of a different color) that could be just below the icon (instead of the box)? I guess that could be an option for the Prefs: box or underscore.

Global Posts
    2,155 Global Posts
    wbdillworth, iconsets must be installed to RAM
    When I downloaded the iconsets via my phone, the file said my "device does not support this file type". I guess I need to go to the website on the computer and download them from there, and then hotsync?
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    When I downloaded the iconsets via my phone, the file said my "device does not support this file type". I guess I need to go to the website on the computer and download them from there, and then hotsync?
    I don't know if you are having a problem (with your phone) or if doing it the other way is the only way it is done...but I only do it the way you said (going to the web site on the computer, downloading them and then hotsyncing (to RAM)). I have not had any problems (at all) doing it that way.

All the best.
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 05/03/2009 at 11:28 PM.

So, I've read every page in this thread (reading & skimming the posts)...and...I feel this is going to be a long message, so please work with me/be patient (as there is a lot of background to this concept)...

I love (absolutely LOVE!) the ability to find/search (app name, device, google) by keyboard entry. It is incredibly cool. Simply stated: it blows me away that you can do three ways of searching for information (not just apps found on the device).

Before TouchLauncher I was a long-time user (2+ years) of Treo Launcher. I really like the '123' mode. (It's incredibly simple & I like using the keyboard.) It displays a 3x3 grid of icons (so 9 in total) on the screen and assigns the number keys on the keypad so that when you depress one it activates the app in the corresponding location on the screen. I would love (repeat: LOVE!) to see that feature added to TouchLauncher (with the 12 icons, not 9, of course) so that the 12 icons on the screen would be assigned the following keys:

e, r, t, y
    d, f, g, h
    x, c, v, b

...but how do you do that w/o screwing up the revolutionary way of using the keyboard that currently exists?

I propose to add another option under the Option menu -- it would be for "Keyboard Entry" -- and look something like this:

When you go to that screen it gives you two "main" ways of using the keyboard...

___ Standard: Find/Search (App Name, Device or Google)

___ Icon Location: Launch app with 12 keys (e, r, t, y, etc.)

By default, the program would currently have the "Standard" option selected. (Being able to do what you can currently w/the keyboard in TL is just amazing, an incredibly powerful set of features! And you want that to be reflected, by default in the "Standard" program.)

But, for those who would like the option to quickly (with the keyboard) tap a corresponding key to launch an application, they could choose the "Icon Location" method. So, in other words, "Standard" is the default and if you tap the box for "Icon Location" it toggles off "Standard" and toggles on "Icon Location." (Conversely, switching back from "Icon Location" to "Standard" would toggle on "Standard" and toggle off "Icon Location.")

Now...what about the person who wants both (who, actually, is me!)? From my understanding of TL the "space" key is really not necessary. (By reading old posts I understand that it must have been the original way to change the categories, but not anymore.) I mean, it goes to the find/search app name, device, google option...but there really is nothing that is going to come up when you depress it -- unlike when you press the "c" key which could bring up Calendar, Camera, Clock, etc. (It currently goes into "Google" mode but I have never searched Google where the first character I typed was a "space.) So, what if you add an option, underneath both proposed options of "Standard" and "Icon Location," so that you could temporarily override the (current) way of finding/searching that is selected by (switching to the other method by) pressing the "space" key? Let's say I would like to assign the 12 keys for "Icon Location" but I still want to have access to the "Standard" way of searching/finding (again, an incredibly powerful feature). I do this by selecting "Space key overrides to search by _______."

Are you still with me?

Now the complete "Keyboard Entry" screen would look like this (by default, and/or the very first time you use it):

_X_ Standard: Find/Search (App Name, Device or Google)

. . . ._____ Space key overrides to search by Icon Location

___ Icon Location: Launch app with 12 keys (e, r, t, y, etc.)

. . . ._____ Space key overrides to search by Standard

(In the actual app the characters of ". . . ." would not exist. I just had to enter them to show an indentation in the posted message.)

But if want to select the proposed new way of using the keyboard by "Icon Location" (Launching apps w/keys in screen location) you could do...

_X_ Icon Location: Launch app with 12 keys (e, r, t, y, etc.)

. . . ._____ Space key overrides to search by Standard

And lastly, if you want both (like me!), you could do:

_X_ Icon Location: Launch app with 12 keys (e, r, t, y, etc.)

. . . . __X__ Space key overrides to search by Standard

So, I hit the "e" key to launch the app in the upper left corner of the screen, and if I want to search by app name, search my device or search Google, I hit the "space" key and start typing.

(I realize that was a long post...but) What do you think?

(Couple that thought with the previously posted idea of navigating/swiping from screen to screen w/the 5-way but w/only one click (currently you can do that from the left-most position, if you go to the left, but if you want to go the right from the left-most position w/the 5-way, you have to click 4 times.) I think this has the ability to completely change (revolutionize!) TouchLauncher. (That other thought would slightly change the preferences or options screen, too.) TouchLauncher would still remain as a "touch launching" program -- it would just be enhancing an already excellent product. I would be happy & more than willing to alpha or beta test any or all of these ideas.)

Could somebody please try the iconset I created below (follow the link), and let me know how it looks on your device? (I didn't hear from anyone in regards to a template so I busted my britches and came up with one on my own. I just like TL so much that I couldn't wait!)

It is mostly of programs/apps that I haven't seen icons for yet. I know of one icon that I need to tweak but I don't want to get to far with things here (and that's why I'm looking for some input). Thanks in advance. I look forward to any and all feedback.

FINAL VERSION: last update 05-08-09
    fodt.prc - FileFactory

Here are some screenshots so you know what you are getting yourself into...

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...956-234744.jpg

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...956-234756.jpg

UPDATED...

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...956-234805.jpg

UPDATED AGAIN...

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...956-234815.jpg

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...956-234831.jpg

LAST UPDATE/ADDITION...

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...956-234843.jpg

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...958-231856.jpg
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 05/08/2009 at 11:29 PM.

I don't use TL, so could you please upload the original (individual) icon images? They look great!
    TIA
  20.    #600  
    fanofdatreo, thanks for the iconset I will post it today evening! And check your email I covered a lot of your questions there.