Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Won't scroll any further. The end of all icon files i have leaves the last 2 icons shaded black. ??

Take care ..................Greg
  2.    #522  
    They seem to be just gray boxes not real icons, don't they? if not I'll investigate
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    No, they're real icons. The black box is transparent and I can see them under it but can't select them as they were used in the older version. As is, is the first spot the "selection" box to pick the icon? I ask as that's the one that is selected every time.

4.    #524  
    Yes the 1st is the focus one the 2nd and 3rd are just for fun right now. It should scroll till the end. I will check tomorrow
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Thanks. Must say though, if I was a first time user, compared to other launchers and apps out there, I'd find this icon management a bit of a pain. Not very user-friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by glt9007 View Post
    Thanks. Must say though, if I was a first time user, compared to other launchers and apps out there, I'd find this icon management a bit of a pain. Not very user-friendly.
    I've been saying this for a long time - in fact, since this was in beta testing...
    Hi ahsirg,

I installed the new version and have several problems.

- also in my case the last two icons of my own icon set can not be selected because they remain shaded and one cannot move so far to get the last two icons highlighted.

- if I arrange programs in the 'manage items' list and then go back to the launcher - many programms are rearranged again in a different manner (somehow the chosen arrangement is not correctly taken over).

- if one changes the program's name and then afterwards selects the icon - the name is changed back to the original name again (apparently, one has to select the icon first and then the name).

- icon selection with the multiple questions is extremely tideous - it took me almost 2 hr to set up everything again for my 50 programs and my 120 icons containing icon set ( - in this regard it would be very helpful if the new version could just take over the settings from the previous version).

- I somehow cannot find the preference setting for showing the toolbar at the bottom of the page (I installed over the previous version with toolbar hidden - is this a problem) - and the corresponding selection is no longer listed in the preference setting (???).

- I use TL on a Palm TX - in the previous version there was 'Palm PDA' written in the upper left corner - in the new version it now reads 'Phone off' - which doesn't really make sense - is there a way to not show this?

Based on all this I reinstalled the previous version again.

It is nice that there is no longer the coloured bar at the bottom of the page and that one can chose the colour of the top bar. But at the moment I prefer the previous version.

georgeTX
    I did notice the icon shading problem as well. For some reason though, the iFone set works like a charm. My suggestion would be to just highlight all three icons, and use the buttons to skip icons 3 at a time...
    So I'm guessing I should hold off on the update until a couple more bugs are worked out?

1.4 is great...somebody help me out....why move to 2.0?

Has 2.0 been pulled? I only see 1.4 on the author's site and Handango.
    Last edited by TJPax; 02/23/2009 at 10:49 AM.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I'd hold off - he might be working on it more.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeTX View Post
    I somehow cannot find the preference setting for showing the toolbar at the bottom of the page (I installed over the previous version with toolbar hidden - is this a problem)???
    No as this wasn't an update. This is a new program so version 1.4 settings wouldn't have mattered.

Have faith - Ryhor will get it fixed.

12.    #532  
    Ok thanks for the support
    2.1 is out although the site states 2.0 it is 2.1 i cant fix it because my ISP is having trouble.
    it should fix some of the mentioned problems, as well as add a quicker way to set an icon - select an icon in the main screen and press Menu->G to go directly to change it.

download as usual on ahsirg's software developments
    Hi Ryhor,

thanks for this rapid update. Now most of the stuff works nicely and I now switched to Version 2.1. I like the new look very much.

I am still unable to find a setting for showing the toolbar at the bottom - could you give me a hint whether there is a possibility to show it - if I want to switch pages on the screen.

Thanks again

George
  14.    #534  
    There is no tooolbar anymore, sorry. I thought whtas the point to keep if it is used only while dragging icons.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Should it be reflecting 2.1 within the program? I ask as I'm downloading what I believe to be 2.1, but the program isn't showing that on the About screen.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    That seems to be a little better. I still think the 2 black icon locations is a waste and distracting and a grid view with more than 3 would simplify it for all. I actually went back to version 1.4. Like it better and find it easier. That coming from someone who knows how to use the program, you might have some problems moving this along as well as the previous versions. Just my 2-cents worth.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBallard View Post
    Should it be reflecting 2.1 within the program? I ask as I'm downloading what I believe to be 2.1, but the program isn't showing that on the About screen.
    It should. I checked under the About tab before going back to v1.4 and it said v2.1

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Any thoughts as to why mine continues to "upgrade" to 2.0? I've tried installing it over 1.4, as well as after deleting it...
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Where did you download yours from?
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Nevermind, I found a 2.1 from Handango.