Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    You can move apps across pages, by clicking the third button from the left on the bottom, but you have to maneuver each app to where you want it, position by position, which is quite time consuming; there needs to be a quicker way!
    I also find moving to (select and open) the correct app time-consuming, because pressing the 'right' button on the dialpad moves your selection along the row, down to the next row etc. before moving to the next page, and so on... And the keys can't be used to select apps either... The dialpad should move along the row and then from the end of the first row to the next page - if you want to move down a row, you should have to use the 'down' button of the dialpad.
    I don't know why it is called TouchLauncher, because it seems to have lost the iPhone-type sweep across pages that TouchBook has.
    But the way it opens programs is smooth and looks brilliant! And it's completely stable on my T680. I think that it could be a superb launcher...
    Last edited by rossarnie; 04/06/2008 at 03:27 PM.
    ^

Yeah, I wasn't clear. I know you can move icons from page to page with the TouchLauncher Applications Manager, but you can't drag and drop icons from page to page on the screen like you can drag and drop an icon on the same page on the screen.

I was playing with TouchLauncher some more and find that you can get rid of hidden app icons, or get rid of the ROM apps you don't want shown by deleting them with the Application Manager.

This does not delete the apps from the device, only the apps icon or the blank icon from the hidden apps from TouchLauncher.

If you want them back, tap the 'Add' button in the App Manager and scroll thru the list and add them. They will be shown at the end of the apps list (page) Then you can move them were you want with the App Manager.

Agree with ossarnie that this can be possibly the best launcher on the market. Its stunning. it just lacks features. I mentioned it in my review to the eveloper but doesnt seem like they will be added. its just going to be a simple icon launcher. But if this was to be developed with say treo launcher type inteface this would sell like crazy. its that cool a launcher. Still is very good and stable on my Centro.I have pretty much finnished testing it all I can a theres not much customization you can do and no bugs what so ever.
    Same here, agree with you all. I would like to see the SD apps on the same menu(there has to be a better way/easier way).
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Ryhor wonder if you could post feature set that you are planning on implementing and ones you already have on your list for future revs. My favorite feature is the ability to open Pref Panels!!

I found a few bugs and other ideas directly to Ryhor (as requested) (double icons for ROM apps with updates in RAM, some non fatal, Error 10's, and few popups that force a full screen redraw when cleared, plus a few other minor things (clock font/size, reset/hotsynch on Menu...)

The features I would really useful, and make me even consider switching from one of the 3 to 5 launchers I've bought over the years:
    * drop icons on the Forward/Back icons and move it to the next page
    * To the Top or To the Bottom options form the Manage Applications Screen.
    * Filtering to at least applications that start with ... (I8's anyhwere in the title would be better
    * Ability to scan RAM/Card and refresh adding new apps w/o adding back in anything you previously "Removed".

While I think this is one of the most simply elegent launcher's I've used *IF* it's only going to be an ICON launcher w/o some of these features I'm not sure how it will stack up with what already on the market, especially if SHSH enables the full panel 5x5 IBAR screen.

Good Luck and great start..
    PS - anyone got the application counter above 99 to see what it will do?
  7.    #27  
    Hello everyone. Thanks for the tests. I will come up with a new beta soon.
    What am I planning to add right now:
    1. Get rid of the launch counter. it's useless imho. and after 100 its messed up
    2. Categories. Yes. I have told a number of ppl that there wont be any, but i changed my mind
    3. Drop icons on the Forward/Back icons and move it to the next page
    4. Keyboard filter in the CURRENT screen. (at least 1st letter. Dunno how it will go)
    5. sweeping across pages (maybe. not developed right now. thinking)
    6. App info on dragging to INFO
    7. a bit restyling to the top and bottom bars

And maybe other stuff.
    Please be patient. I will send a new beta asap to all who answered regarding the first 0.90

Email me for any questions!

PS. If anyone has seen: if you install TouchBook, you are able to add contact icons into TL

Ryhor
    Last edited by ahsirg; 04/07/2008 at 08:56 AM.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I never received the test email....but it sounds great
  9.    #29  
    you must have gotten into junk mail or smth like that. I have resent you a message to your yahoo mailbox.
    sorry
    did you try sending one to me? Just would like to make sure...thanks
    Sprint Palm Pre
  11.    #31  
    I dont think I got your request email message. If you sent it on saturday/sunday, please resend it to ahsirgATgmail.com. Thanks and sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    1. Get rid of the launch counter. it's useless imho. and after 100 its messed up
    2. Categories. Yes. I have told a number of ppl that there wont be any, but i changed my mind
    3. Drop icons on the Forward/Back icons and move it to the next page
    4. Keyboard filter in the CURRENT screen. (at least 1st letter. Dunno how it will go)
    5. sweeping across pages (maybe. not developed right now. thinking)
    6. App info on dragging to INFO
    7. a bit restyling to the top and bottom bars
    Thank you for responding to our suggestions!
    IMHO:
    1. Ok (the first thing I did was turn it off)
    2. and 3. are great improvements.
    4. Unnecessary - how hard is it to select from 12 apps on the current screen? (The problem is getting to an app on the fifth screen...)
    5. Beautiful, but the present ability to move app icons around the screen might interfere with it...
    6. Ok
    7. Yes - too much screen space is taken up by the bottom bar (perhaps if there is room there, you could make 2 buttons - one to uninstall an app - tho' most of us have enough ways to uninstall apps already - one to hide the app, rather than both options in one button, which I think is a little dangerous and time-consuming...)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    I dont think I got your request email message. If you sent it on saturday/sunday, please resend it to ahsirgATgmail.com. Thanks and sorry
    I just forwarded my request to your email again...lemme know if you received it
    Sprint Palm Pre
  14.    #34  
    Got it and replied
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    This is great. Really like how you can change the icons around. I noticed that there are only a few icons to choose from when changing. Would be great to be able to use icons that we have stored as well. Ability to add wallpapers to background would be great. Also, can't figure out what button on bottom bar beside trash can does. It doesn't do anything when I tap it.

1. The Launch counter I agree, don't really need it.
    those additions to the next beta spound good. can't wait to test it. I think a priority with most of us is being able to see apps on the SD card since most of us put a lot of our apps there to save room.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    those additions to the next beta spound good. can't wait to test it. I think a priority with most of us is being able to see apps on the SD card since most of us put a lot of our apps there to save room.
    Yes, this would be great
    let me jump in here from left field. i have zlauncher the only real reason i stay is i like that i can change background of each tab change the icons.
    if this could be apart of if it would be great.
    a little extra aint never hurt nobody
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
  19.    #39  
    I dont think I will be implementing backgrounds
    To add apps on the SD Card use Manage -> Add -> SD App
    I don't think we need to change backgrounds on it, with good icons it looks great. I did notice it don't stay as default launcher all the time.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast