Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Yes - totally my fault!!! Any further additions to this file (GLT01) will leave what's out there alone!!! It was 3AM when I did it and wasn't thinking about that!!! Again, truly sorry! I'm new to PALM.

Ryhor - got the files and I'll play with them - THANK YOU!! 16x16.bmp files back to you acceptiable? Again, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by glt9007 View Post
    Yes - totally my fault!!! Any further additions to this file (GLT01) will leave what's out there alone!!! It was 3AM when I did it and wasn't thinking about that!!! Again, truly sorry! I'm new to PALM.
    No problem. I figured it was something you overlooked.

I appreciate the original icon set and your updating. Groovy.
    hey glt, would it be possible to add in a phone icon? im stuck using an iphone icon and it just doesnt go lol
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    As soon as I find something that blends with my icon pack I'll let you know. It'll simply be added to the end.

Take care ..................Greg
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    OK - I added 3 phone icons, a card/usb icon and an additional Mic icon. They're all at the end so as to not mess with the previous numbering. I also changed the "NOTES" icon (# 1077) to say "NOTES" and not the French(?)saying. Same file (GLT01) has been sent to Ryhor as well.

I also need to add a "maps" icon as well as a "calculator" to round it out but they are hard to find.

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Can you add the ability to DISABLE the animation during launch?
    I've gotten all the iconsets from the website. Does anyone have any other good icon sets? I'm looking for a sirius icon and some icons from popular website. Thanks in advance.
    Those are the only icons I've seen for this app, aside from the DateBk icons that are out. But, you can create your own from the Icon Creation Kit that is on the site.
    All for One and One for All!
    what if i just want to modify an existing icon?
    How do i extract the original bmp?

for example i want to strip the gray border from the Facebook app icon.
  10.    #350  
    There was an app PalmBMX that extracts the bitmaps out of Palm Databases. You can use it to extract the needed icons and then pack them back using Icon Creation Kit
    Hi, just purchased TouchLauncher. Is there a manual for this somewhere? I know a lot of it is self explanatory but I still have questions and don't feel like reading all 350+ posts in this thread.

How to hide unused apps?
    It appears that finger scrolling only works in the current category, correct? You can't use finger scrolling to switch categories?

Thanks!
  12. UserOne
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    Hi, just purchased TouchLauncher. Is there a manual for this somewhere? I know a lot of it is self explanatory but I still have questions and don't feel like reading all 350+ posts in this thread.
    I'm sure ahsirg will respond to this as well, I'm not the developer, but have been using TouchLauncher for quite some time and love it... so, I'll take a stab at helping ya out here.

I have not seen an official "Manual" for TL, but you can find the FAQ HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    How to hide unused apps?
    It appears that finger scrolling only works in the current category, correct? You can't use finger scrolling to switch categories?

Thanks!
    You can remove unused apps from the TouchLauncher screens in the "manage" option on the pull-down menu. I do not know of a way to finger scroll thru categories, however you can switch categories with the 5-way D-pad if you enable that option in the "Preferences" screen. Another option to change categories is to hit the Spacebar key on the keyboard to bring up a category list or set the option in preferences to allow multiple Home key presses to switch thru categories (similar to the default POS home screen).

Hope it helps... feel free to post up more questions if you have any .

L8R
    Quote Originally Posted by UserOne View Post
    You can remove unused apps from the TouchLauncher screens in the "manage" option on the pull-down menu.
    Thanks for the help. I was able to remove the unused icons but it seems like a long and tedious process, having to remove them one at a time and then scroll through the list each and every time.

It would seem this process could be simplified, such as making multiple selections and then hitting the "remove" button.

I'm assuming you can add icons that have been removed by choosing the "add" function, but again it would seem like a long process to have to do them one at a time.

Also, I know you can do OTA updates by pointing your browser to the update site but a nice addition would be a "check for updates" menu selection to make things easier.

My regular launcher is TreoLauncher but this is a nice change to play around with.

One additional question....on the bottom toolbar, the icon second from left tells you to how to re-arrange the icons by dragging. Is this the only function of this icon? Is it just for info only?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Trekker; 08/17/2008 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Added question
    One other request, on the TouchLauncher site, there is a download link for iconsets. The only problem is, there is no way to preview the icon sets before downloading. Would it be possible to have screenshots of them so that we can determine if we want to download them or not?

Thanks!
    Hi Chimmer!
    Yes, that icon is informative only.You can hide the entire bar if you want by going to Options, Preferences. I highly recommend GLT's icon set...they are what I use..check my avatar or the screen shot I posted on SprintUsers to see them.
    I just want to thank the developer for this fantastic launcher and GLT for his outstanding icons! My Centro has never looked better!

http://home.att.net/~suenyc2/Snap-C4CE5794.jpg
  17.    #357  
    Thanks for helping to answer the questions guys!
    My $0.02:
    1. It would be nice if icon creators send me in JPEG screenshots of their iconsets, so I could put them up on the site.
    2. Categories cannot be flicked through. Finger scrolling only works to change the current - next screen of icons in the current category.
  18. UserOne
    Quote Originally Posted by SueWalsh623 View Post
    I just want to thank the developer for this fantastic launcher and GLT for his outstanding icons! My Centro has never looked better!
    ^^Ditto! I have tried every Launcher I could find and simply love this one... Excellent work on it & much appreciation goes to the developer & iconset makers!

L8R
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Well thank you. I didn't realize that Ryhor posted the transparent backgound icon set I made. Glad you are enjoying them. I've added a few more to the end, but have not sent Ryhor the file. Will try to get that done this week.

Ryhor - I'll be glad to send you a contact sheet image of the icons.

If we're going to post gif sheets of the icons, I think it would be helpful to go to the next step and actually put their corresponding number next to each icon, so that when people download them, they don't have to search each icon one by one, but can just go to the corresponding number and get the one they want. Just an idea.
    All for One and One for All!