Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Is there any way to increase the size the icons? Say reduce the number of icons on the screen from 12 to 9 or enable them to fill the area occupied by the toolbar?
    Last edited by nmarrion; 06/15/2008 at 01:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    question...a friend of mine bought Touchlauncher and downloaded the icon packs to show up on his Centro (Sprint). I have the save phone and service and didn't have a problem. I told him to download the icon pack(s) again and resync and it still didn't work...any suggestions?

Thanks
    Assigning custom icons is a very slow process - can it be speeded up?
  4.    #304  
    Is there any way to increase the size the icons?
    Sorry, no, they are bundled as 59x59 bitmaps
    deek05, sorry didnt get the question
    rossarnie, maybe you have an idea how it could be speeded-up?
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    The process is just very slow - you select the Manage option, and wait, select the program you want, and wait, you have to use your stylus to move through a whole bunch of icons to select the one you want, and wait for it to be assigned, then go to the next program...

A big help would be for those who provide the icons to make a document showing each icon and its number...
    I made the same suggestion back in the beta testing. Either that or a scroll function for the icons (and get rid of the numbers), similar to the scrolling abilities of Touch Book.
    I love how we can see how many text messages we've received by looking at the icon-nice work!

Will we be able to do the same for versamail at some point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    I made the same suggestion back in the beta testing. Either that or a scroll function for the icons (and get rid of the numbers), similar to the scrolling abilities of Touch Book.
    Yes, anything would be an improvement on the present method. At a minimum of 2 minutes per program, and, let's say, between 30 and 50 programs altogether, customizing icons takes an hour or two at least...

And another suggestion: enabling another row of programs if you remove the bottom bar...
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    Sorry, no, they are bundled as 59x59 bitmaps
    deek05, sorry didnt get the question
    Speeding up assigning custom icons...

What about istead of using a pull down list that only shows three icon names at once (and doesn't show the icon) you have a "popup" screen that shows a 3x3 grid of the actual icons. You could then move from page to page? Or something like that?

Or just increasing the number of icons listed in the pulldown menu to more than 3?

It would be nice to be able to get a preview of the icon though, before you select it.

Chris
    Ooops, guess people already came up with those ideas.

Chris
  11.    #311  
    I dunno, I use it like that
    Select with the 5-way the list with icon Numbers and hold Up-Down on my treo and it scrolls the list and redraws the icons. Seems fast
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    ahsirg,
    from my above post...what i'm trying to say is when he's in the "custom icon" menu none of the downloaded and installed icon packs are showing up in the touchlauncher app
  13.    #313  
    They definetely should show up. Just make sure you hotsynced the PRCs correctly (or beamed or transferred otherwise), check that they are in RAM by using any filemanager and they should show up
    ahsirg,

I see on Treonauts update page that TouchLauncher was updated today to 1.1.4, but yet I see nothing posted about either the changes or even the change on your main site or in this forum. Can you tell us what has changed or is this just an error at Treonauts?

Stu
    I was wondering if its just me or what, when i use a background and i scroll, the back ground scrolls with it showing the black background. also whats an easy way to get good looking icons? all the icons i dled are sloppy looking (white corners, not fitted right) any help would be awesome
    yeah on my treo I just downloaded 1.1.3 and some places have 1.1.4 . I don't notice any differences other that the program is getting slower . the time it takes in between opening programs , using the menu gets longer. about 5 seconds now. other than that this is a great launcher.
    But would be great to get a list of changes from 1.1.1 and the latest.
    The UI of this launcher is awesome and I really want to use it as an accessory launcher since I do have TreoLauncher and ZLaunher already. However, unlike the latter two which offer a choice to make them the default launcher or not, TouchLauncher does not. It "highjacks" the home key to always make itself as the default launcher even though I select, say, TreoLauncher as the default one. I have to select "exit' to force the launcher out to use another launcher as the default. This is very inconvenient and I would suggest TouchLauncher to add an option so that individual user has the choice to select it as the default or NOT.
  18.    #318  
    Hello
    1. Mixup of 1.1.4 and 1.1.3 is me updating my website. I will be done soon, so sorry for the inconvenience
    2. A changelog is supplied in TouchLauncher.zip. Its at the bottom of the readme file
    3. Yes, the background scrolls with the icons. A way to get icons is a) create your own iconset b) download one from my site
    4. I will make an option not to hijack the "Home" in a next release
    Just bought this app and am really enjoying it. Is there a way to get the icon set added that has the firefox logo among other things. I think takephone added it for it's icon choices recently. Also, can we get the % of battery remaining like treolauncher has available? Between this app and takephone I'm happy as a pig rolling in mud!! Thanks!
    just touch the battery symbol and it'll tell you the % left..