Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    hopefully we get this icon thing fixed so we can use icons from:

h**p://www.spaziocellulare.com/ispazio/en/icons/
    How do we download those icons, to use for a Treo? Do we need to convert files, etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    TouchLauncher sets itself as the default launcher on startup.

ProfHickman, you are saying that if you press "Home" on your Centro the device goes to the default launcher instead of TL? If yes, does anyone else with a centro have this problem

Shinner23, not yet, but I am planning it in the latter releases of TL and TouchBook
    Cool. I do have a picture in Touchbook, however. Not sure how it got in there, but it is!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    ahsirg,

I have sent you my email address via your web site.

Thanks.

LarryF
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    Cool. I do have a picture in Touchbook, however. Not sure how it got in there, but it is!
    Let me know if you figure out how it got there.

When I tried to add one, I got an "Out of Memory" error message...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    Been trying to actually purchase TouchLauncher but Handango might be the worst company to buy something through. Been charged twice already, with no product/Reg key. I was even told by the page after the "Submit" button that I didn't complete my purchase, but was still billed. ARGH!
    I had the same experience with Handango yesterday. Made my purchase and they charged my credit card but now show that I have ordered nothing from them. I knew these folks are real crooks but this is ridiculous. This is the exact reason I wanted an alternative place to purchase.

I feel that Handango is going to be a real stumbling block for TouchLauncher.

Carl
    Last edited by quickster; 05/08/2008 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Spelling
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I really like the look, will keep this and purchase program, but I need to uninstall and reinstall. So here goes the dumb question - I'm so screwed up trying to find buttons, I can't find where to uninstall programs.

I just added Take Phone and this, can't find anything!

I also need to get rid of a 2 trial programs I am not purchasing.

Help!!!!!!
  7.    #247  
    To delete an application from the device using TouchLauncher, take its icon and drag it to the trash bin!
    LarryF, ProfHickman, havent got your email, please resend it to ahsirg(at)gmail.com, there might be some problems with my site.

TouchBook is still very experimental so it could be buggy.
    I am sorry for Handango, I dont like them too, but its the only way to go for me. I've looked at all other variants. Feel free to email and annoy them or me if anything goes wrong.
    Does that delete the whole program or just the icon showing it? I want them gone so memory doesn't get clogged.

i.e., doing that on computer desktop only removes icon, not program.

I normally do not load 3rd party programs, but the trial is working great except for this. love the appearance.

I would only have one more suggestion - Font - I can't enlarge it, so hard to read, would be nice to have Font, not cute designs, just size for people like me who need reading glasses and won't put them on to use phone 24/7.

Thanks for a great program and a very fast response.
    The slightly more detailed icon kit is a good start, compared to the original. Thanks for the update. I tested it yesterday with the example and it worked. However, when I tried doing it with my own icons (from www.spaziocellulare.com/ispazio/en/icons/) I ran into problems.

1. "Open res.rcp in NotePad and make it look like this. As you can see from the picture we have added information about the two bitmaps into the res.rcp file. Save it and close NotePad.
    "

If the icon I want to creat is named "weather.bmp", all I need to do is change what comes up in NotePad to "weather.bmp", instead of the example "settings.bmp", leaving the rest of the already supplied info the same? And repeated that process for all the other icons I want to creat?

2. "Right click with your mouse on the Make Iconset.bat and select "Edit". Notepad will show up where you can name your iconpack. Name your iconpack something. Do not touch anything else besides the two names. When done Save and close Notepad. "

If I wanted to just leave the name as it is above, does it matter? If I have to change the name to "Newicons"(for example), all I need to do is change it in the notepad in the spots" ____.prc" and the other spot where it has the example?

I thought I did it correctly, but when I run "Iconset.bat", I get a temorary file, not a PRC file.

Any thoughts? I really love TouchLauncher's look.
  10.    #250  
    all I need to do is change what comes up in NotePad to "weather.bmp"
    Not all, you also need to change the number (1001, 1002, 1003). There cant be 2 icons of the same number
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    Not all, you also need to change the number (1001, 1002, 1003). There cant be 2 icons of the same number
    hmm, I believe I did that, as well.

In the last step, when it's time to run the program, my only option is to "Run as Administrator", then it creates a temp file. is that something i'm doing wrong? Should I just hit "open"?
    I have sent an e-mail directly to you as you requested. Thanks again!
  13.    #253  
    I will answer.
    Just run it directly, but I guess that makes no difference
    Out of curiosity, is anyone working on creating an icon set for this?
  15.    #255  
    cjvitek, Shinner23 is working I think.
    Shinner23, send me an email, and we'll try building your iconset together, if it doesnt work
    nmoreman, when you drag an icon to the trash bin, TL asks you:
    Delete the program from the device?
    you say NO
    then it asks
    Delete icon from TL, you say YES and voila - the icon is gone but the app is still on your PDA.
    On the fonts, sorry, but I dont want to mess up the style, as larger fonts would make TL look not so sleek. Sorry again

I think I found the ATT Centro bug. Waiting on ProfHickman and LarryF to reply. 1.0.2 is nearing
    Quote Originally Posted by cjvitek View Post
    Out of curiosity, is anyone working on creating an icon set for this?
    And if so, could you please post them here?
    An icon set for what?

I've put together an extended iphone icon set (about 30 icons) and would be happy to email it to you...
    Woodley-sent you a PM with my email address. Thanks.
    I've created some Icons. I sent the PRCs to Ahsirg in an email. They're iPhone related. His tutorial is pretty easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by woodleydog View Post
    An icon set for what?

I've put together an extended iphone icon set (about 30 icons) and would be happy to email it to you...
    PM sent!

Chris