Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    A glitch I have noticed-

1. I am using Chatter mail and am not going to touch Versamail. How do I get the phone to indicate when I have mail via the little icon on the phone page. It used to happen on the 650 and I don't know how to get it to appear?

Firmware update no prob- runs fine, battery is a it weak...
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Sounds like something in the Preferences that you didn't enable...
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Yep. You can also get Butler to nag you if you miss an alert.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    You need the actual "alert" enabled (not vibrate or audible alert).
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    what I'm talking about is this:

on the 650 when I got mail (via chatter) the mail indicator would come up next to the time on the blue bar (second row under phone status line - phone off or sprint indicated) of the phone page (phone page set to wallpaper pic)

now, on the 755p with exactly the same settings- I do not get email alerts - I do not want LED or sound or vibration, just the icon on the phone page...
    Last edited by tedcousens; 04/04/2008 at 06:17 PM.

Roi Batty

Problem is I don't have chatter installed atm so I can't look at the menu.
    Well I do have ChatterEmail installed and when I receive new email there is no notification on the standard phone app screen. However, I also use TakephOne as my default phone app, and that does show new emails on the dial pad screen and if you click the little number that shows how many emails you have, it will take you to Chatter.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    I know exactly the icon you're talking about. Unfortunately, this capability is no longer present on the 755p. I miss it from my 650 as well :/
    What dollface and kirk444 said is correct. The email indicater on the default phone app is not there anymore.

It was dropped by Palm due to the thinking that it slowed the phone down.

2Day and TakePhone by SHSH Software still monitors the email.

For example, with VersaMail 4.0.1 on the Centro, as well as Chattermail, will show new email in TakePhone.

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    I can live without the mail indicator- here are two glitches I cant get rid of

1. I keep assigning the mail button in prefs to bring up contacts and it continually reverts back to mail (chatter) - why does it do that?

2. I do not have versamail set up on the phone but touched the icon ONCE and now, when I hotsync (which is set to 'do nothing') I get error messages in the log - how lame is that???

Roi Batty