Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    I've had my GSM Centro now for a month and am very happy with it. I only have 1 sortware issue that I wanted to see if anyeone else has as I think it's a software conflict on my system but have been unable to narrow it down, nor the time to do a clean reload and step by step test.

If I receive a multi-part SMS message, especially via email, it almost always crashes when I go to read it. I will go to the SMS application, open the message, then the unit will hang and sometimes make a clicking sound. It will hang in that state for about 2 minutes, then continue into the message. I can read the message and even go back and do some other work, but as soon as leave the unit idle it reboots.

I've been testing Safeguard and it shows a crash in Nexter, but the "what caused" is always just the app I was in when it rebooted.

I don't have any other crashes except for this one, and it only happens every few days so I'm living with it.

(although I will be getting a new Centro next week. My Red button has lost feedback and now is way to sensitive. I can barely brush it and have it activate. Usually I forget, go to cradle the phone and poof, hangup)
    I noticed the same problem after I installed SMSPager but I didn't have the problem before that...

Edit:
    I also found out today how to keep AT&T from sending multi-part messages... My signature for my work email is super-long so even if I sent a one word test message I ended up with 4 messages and 4 charges on my phone which was ticking me off... If you have AT&T I can post the link for restricting how many parts they will send if you want...
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    I don't have SMSPager installed so that isn't the problem for me. Only thing that I have that may interact with SMS I think is Ultimate Phone, although I don't use it for SMS at all. I don't use it that much so I could uninstall that see if that fixes it.

I would like that for emails, (especially since they always come in out of order) but if it affects normal sms' then that would be an issue as I do need to receive some of those. I have family unlimited texting so charges are fairly irrelevant for me

thanks
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Apparently this is a problem with dbcache/memory. But have managed to find a work around

I went to play with TomTom and Garmin to see which one I liked, and I ran into the problem again forcing me to track down the issue. I could run TomTom or Garmin without any issues, and exit the program; but after the screen timeout kicked in, I would get a reboot within 10 seconds. Consistently. Same thing I was seeing with the SMS problem (which was related to email SMS' only)

Doing it a half dozen times, Safeguard kept pointing to Xpressmail and Zlauncher in every reboot. So I went into ResetDoctor and did a clear cache. I get the weird clicking sound like I was with SMS and a little slow in the beginning, but it would clear, and then reboot after screen timeout.

I locked Zlauncher and Xpressmail and ran some tests. I can successfully run and exit both TomTom and Garmin without causing a reboot. I still get the delay opening email SMS but it is much quicker. Doing a clear cache I still get the clicking but it is also much faster flushing.

I didn't narrow it down futher to see if it was Zlauncher or Xpressmail or both that really needed to be locked as having both locked hasn't seemed to affect me much.