Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    I am getting ready to make my first trip into Treo territory. I have always kept my Palm and my cell phone as separate devises, but I would like to integrate them into one. Verizon is my carrier so I have the choice between the 700p or the 755p. I am not the most tech-savy person but I do ok most of the time.

    I have read a lot of the post here and I am concerned about the 30-day crash issue. Any insights or direction would be appreciated.
  2. #2  
    Never had any 30 day crash problems with my 755p.

    Really don't see much of a reason to pick the 700p over the 755p.
  3. #3  
    You want the 755p, period.
  4. #4  
    I agree with Papped, if you are going for a new device anyway, might as well get the best that Palm offers. I have never had any problems with my 755p either, and I am going on 3 months with it.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  5. #5  
    Neither!
    Matty
  6. #6  
    A lot depends on the apps you load onto the phone; but in any case I think the 755 would be better. Why not look into Sprint; data charges are MUCH lower.

    BB
  7. #7  
    well, I'm on Sprint and my 755p is perfect - except for when I do something stupid and crash it myself
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

    Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  8. #8  
    Another vote for the 755P.

    Fired00d
  9. #9  
    Neither!
    Matty
  10. #10  
    I would definately get the 755p (ordered mine on the day it came out!). The only real benefit the 700p has is price ($150) and SD card. Otherwise, go with the 755p, it's much better.
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!


    Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
  11. #11  
    I have a 700 flashed with the 755 rom.

    Get the 755..it's a wee bit smaller form factor and no stub antenna to have to modify.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
  12. hkklife's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    #12  
    DEFINITELY go with the 755p with the Seidio 2200mAh battery. You will NOT regret it. I went from an early Verizon 700p (May '06) to two refurb replacements. My current Verizon 755p is a much better device in nearly all aspects than any of the 700p's were (even after the ROM update).

    Just in case you needed a detailed rundown...

    The 755p has the following advantages over the 700p:

    1. Less lag & greater stability (this is the biggie)
    2. Moderately improved voice quality
    3. Very, very slightly newer/better OS/bundled apps/software bundle
    4. Louder speakerphone & better color sauration (at least on my 755p vs. my three previous 700p's)
    5. Sleeker formfactor and much more pocketable
    6. No-slip rubberized exterior
    7. Side-mounted miniSD slot with door means no more lost or accidentially ejected SD cards.


    The 700p has the following advantages over the 755p:
    1. Cheaper (depending on where you purchase it)
    2. Higher-capacity stock battery & the possibility of a 2600mAh standard-size battery from Seidio
    3. Fullsize SDHC slot, so better compatibility w/ other devices. SDHC also gives the 700p a maximum unofficial card capacity of 16gb vs. 4gb on miniSDHC (or 8gb with a microSDHC card and a mini adapter)
    4. Marginally better/larger keyboard on the 700p. 700p also has better quality backlighting on the keyboard & hard buttons than the 700p.
    5. Better stylus on the 700p
    6. Reset button in the battery compartment
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    DEFINITELY go with the 755p with the Seidio 2200mAh battery. You will NOT regret it. I went from an early Verizon 700p (May '06) to two refurb replacements. My current Verizon 755p is a much better device in nearly all aspects than any of the 700p's were (even after the ROM update).

    Just in case you needed a detailed rundown...

    The 755p has the following advantages over the 700p:

    1. Less lag & greater stability (this is the biggie)
    2. Moderately improved voice quality
    3. Very, very slightly newer/better OS/bundled apps/software bundle
    4. Louder speakerphone & better color sauration (at least on my 755p vs. my three previous 700p's)
    5. Sleeker formfactor and much more pocketable
    6. No-slip rubberized exterior
    7. Side-mounted miniSD slot with door means no more lost or accidentially ejected SD cards.


    The 700p has the following advantages over the 755p:
    1. Cheaper (depending on where you purchase it)
    2. Higher-capacity stock battery & the possibility of a 2600mAh standard-size battery from Seidio
    3. Fullsize SDHC slot, so better compatibility w/ other devices. SDHC also gives the 700p a maximum unofficial card capacity of 16gb vs. 4gb on miniSDHC (or 8gb with a microSDHC card and a mini adapter)
    4. Marginally better/larger keyboard on the 700p. 700p also has better quality backlighting on the keyboard & hard buttons than the 700p.
    5. Better stylus on the 700p
    6. Reset button in the battery compartment

    Is this battery Seidio 2200mAh battery an extended life battery? I take it that is is better than the standard issue plam battery that come with the device.
  14. #14  
    Yes it is "extended" but a bit like the answer to the question "How's your wife?" Compared to what. I find the regular battery fine for my usage.

    BB
  15. #15  
    No question, the 755.

    ET
  16. #16  
    700p is the same as 755p if you convert it (see the 700p forum)
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
  17. hkklife's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    #17  
    Yes, the stock Palm battery is 1600mAh and often has trouble for many users (such as myself) making it through a full day, especially if you have the brightness up more than halfway and use IR or Bluetooth or the speakerphone.

    I'd highly, highly recommend the purchae of the Seidio 2200mAh battery. I can get basically a day and a half out of mine if I use it fairly judiciously. I haven't noticed any major power-related shortcomings on a 755p w/ 2200mAh vs. my old 700p w/ 2400mAh.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
  18. #18  
    And when you convert it and brick it, what do you do?

    Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    700p is the same as 755p if you convert it (see the 700p forum)
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    Yes, the stock Palm battery is 1600mAh and often has trouble for many users (such as myself) making it through a full day, especially if you have the brightness up more than halfway and use IR or Bluetooth or the speakerphone.

    I'd highly, highly recommend the purchae of the Seidio 2200mAh battery. I can get basically a day and a half out of mine if I use it fairly judiciously. I haven't noticed any major power-related shortcomings on a 755p w/ 2200mAh vs. my old 700p w/ 2400mAh.
    Thanks for the reply hkklife. I will have to purchase that battery. Your so correct that its hard making it through a full on the Palm stock battery. I recently purchased a Smartphone Experts Retractbale Sync & Charge cable for the office. All I do is plug in into the USB port and it charges the battery so I can have a full charge when I leave the office. Using the IM or having the light halfway up and talking for a little bit starts to drain this battery.

    I hope when they come out with another Treo that they do something about having a stronger battery.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    And when you convert it and brick it, what do you do?

    Ben
    The revert ROM is posted in the same thread. I don't think anyone has completely bricked the phone in trying the update.

    To the OP - if you can get the 700p for cheaper, and don't have any preference as to miniSD or regular SD, then go for the 700p, as it is pretty much the same device after the ROM update.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions