1.    #1  
    I have bought a Cingular locked Treo 680 that I plan to unlock.

What is the difference between the unlocked firmware and the cing firmware?

If I do an upgrade to the firmware, should I use the CING upgrade, or the unlocked upgrade? Does it matter? If I switch to the unlocked upgrade, is it as simple as upgrading the Cing firmware?
    One will work with your phone, and one will not. Even if you unlock a phone, you should use the carrier specific update. I have a GSM unbranded phone and used the unbranded update. I bought an unlocked AT&T phone for my wife, and used the AT&T update.

There are some minor differences in the phones where you need the carrier specific update.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms. Who's bringing the chips?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by red-beard View Post
    One will work with your phone, and one will not. Even if you unlock a phone, you should use the carrier specific update. I have a GSM unbranded phone and used the unbranded update. I bought an unlocked AT&T phone for my wife, and used the AT&T update.

There are some minor differences in the phones where you need the carrier specific update.
    Thanks! That's what I wanted to know. Is there any big differences between the two firmware? Is there extra baggage on the AT&T FW that isn't on teh unbranded?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    just curious if i upgrade my fw to generic..

im using 680 unlocked, att branded..
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by loko__loko View Post
    just curious if i upgrade my fw to generic..

im using 680 unlocked, att branded..
    http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...id=23147#M6306