Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Hi,

Does anyone know the name of the Blazer Cache file? Amongst other things that drive me nuts about my 755 (and the 650 and 700) is the amount of time it takes to delete the cache. I am assuming that if it is an indivdual file that I can more eaily clear it using Filez? Am i right, or is there another way that would be faster than using the Advanced Options method in Blazer?

Thanks
    Within Blazer there is an option to limit the cache size. Deleting the file with FileZ is fine, but the problem with that is the error possibility - deleting the wrong file when in a hurry. I believe the file you are looking for is Blazer CacheHistory.

Ben
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Thanks for responding. However, whenever I have lowered the cache size to 2 or 3 megs, Blzer seems to crash more frequently.
    I've got my cache set to 1mb and have absoluting no crashes at all - I also have my cache checked to clear on exit - setting the cache smaller should take less time to clear than say 4mb - at least that was the case for me.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howiej1 View Post
    Thanks for responding. However, whenever I have lowered the cache size to 2 or 3 megs, Blzer seems to crash more frequently.
    Try setting cache to 0 I have my 755 set like that and never had blazer cause a reset
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Agreed -- I have mine set to 0 with no problems.
    Last edited by jigwashere; 04/04/2008 at 02:37 AM.
    I have my Cache set to zero as well and have never had a crash. I also used the program Cleanup that has a wizard for which you can choose which files it cleans. I have most of my Blazer files set in there, including the Blazer CacheHistory file. Anytime I use Blazer for an extended length of time (like for more than one website) I use this Cleanup wizard and it takes care of emptying all these files, in a matter of seconds.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    If you have a lot of free dbcache (meaning you aren't using a heavy launcher and several other things locked into memory), you can set Blazer to 6mb or so cache and not even clear it on exit without much problems.

However if you have a smaller amount of available dbcache commonly, this could end up crashing. On my system I can run 6mb or 8mb cache with no problems.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone for your responses. I have tried setting my cache to 1 MB, but if i come upon a page that is larger than 1 MB, it seems to just hang. My 755 is in need of replacement due to various issues, but, of course, I'm fighting with Sprint again, and no resolution yet. If I set it to 0, and i am loading a page greater than 1 MB, won't that case it to hang or crash? If i set it higher , like 8 MB, couldn't that lead to problems as well?

Thanks
    The problem with low cache settings is this. You already know Blazer is slow at dumping it's own cache (shown by the "Clear cache on exit" setting).

1mb fills up, it has to empty it out and re-fill that 1mb. I would imagine 0mb cache would be better in this regard (although nothing will be cached so Blazer has to reload everything on every page navigation) since it's not trying to cache anything.

Higher cache generally works the best since there is a lot more room to store pages. However you can possibly still get some hangs if you are loading very large pages. However if your device is already loaded with a lot of stuff in the dbcache higher cache setting can possibly be unstable.