1.    #1  
    For some reason my windows XP laptop can't find my 755p phone when it searches for Bluetooth devices. It's unlikely the problem is with the laptop since it finds other phones and laptops around just fine. I recently got one of those bluetooth dongles and installed it on my Linux computer at home. When I did a scan, it identified the phone with address 00:00:00:00:00:00. That clearly looks wrong, and I'm guessing is why I can't find it with the laptop.

I did have to do a hard reset earlier this week but this has never worked since I bought the phone, so I don't think that has anything to do with it. Does someone know how to fix or change the bluetooth address?
    00:00:00:00:00:00 is the mac address scheme and yes that isn't a valid address but there is no way to manually change it... but in your case your phone isn't popping up right... if you just recently did a hard reset and it still isn't working then your phone might have a hardware issue.. just make sure that all of your options show that your BT is on and Visable. If they are all on then I would try an check it with another device and if it works then you know its not the phone. If it doesn't then take your phone back to your carrier.
    Vistabug.com forums had a bluetooth easter egg, (to change BT address), but he was not able to enable it
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
  4.    #4  
    That easter egg thing is such a tease.

Looks like I might have no choice but to go exchange my phone for a new one