1.    #1  
    Hi all,

We have released a new version of TabiVideo. It can now stream Metacafe videos in addition to Youtube and Google videos. The new version also includes server side optimizations to improve video seek time. A demo version is available for download at www.tabitek.com/downloads.html

Regards,

TabiTek
    Last edited by tabitek; 04/28/2008 at 03:24 AM.
    Is this a subscription service? Ben
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Since it sounds like everything streams from your servers, we have to subscribe to your service for a monthly fee?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Looks real interesting.... I installed TabiVideo on my centro, and did a search (which worked nicely). However, when I try to play, I get a message:"Video link could not be found". Do I need to install extra software?

Larry
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Good for treo users. YouTube already has a mobile site that let you stream a small selections of videos. Quality is good as your network speed gets, can't complain. Let me know if TabiTek is better.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    Since it sounds like everything streams from your servers, we have to subscribe to your service for a monthly fee?
    Not necessarily. You can also run your own server on your PC, which we provide for free. It is called TabiVideoServer which is also available at our downloads page.

If you do not want to run your own server, then we provide this service for a small monthly fee.

The advantage of running streams through a server is that streams get optimized for viewing on handhelds which implies better streaming performance, longer battery life, etc.

Regards,

TabiTek
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryF View Post
    Looks real interesting.... I installed TabiVideo on my centro, and did a search (which worked nicely). However, when I try to play, I get a message:"Video link could not be found". Do I need to install extra software?

Larry
    Did you get this error for all videos that were found? We would be grateful if you could provide details to our support team at www.tabitek.com

Regards,

TabiTek
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tabitek View Post
    Did you get this error for all videos that were found? We would be grateful if you could provide details to our support team at www.tabitek.com

Regards,

TabiTek

It was ALL videos, but the problem has cleared up this morning. Works VERY nicely. I'm heading over to register.

Larry
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    What are the system requirements? I have a Treo 650 with Sprint service. Will TabiVideo work on my Treo?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ejscarfo View Post
    What are the system requirements? I have a Treo 650 with Sprint service. Will TabiVideo work on my Treo?
    TabiVideo works on all Treo smartphones except Treo 600 which has low-res screen. It does *not* require a high-bandwidth connection. So, you should be able to stream videos to your Treo 650 just fine.
    Last edited by tabitek; 04/28/2008 at 03:28 AM.