Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I launched Mundu this morning and it said an update was available and downloaded it. Does anybody know what's new? Version = 4.1.0p Build = 11364
    I just checked and see the same thing. Did you upgrade yet? I checked remind me later...for now.
  3.    #3  
    Yep, I upgraded. That's the new version and build number. The only difference I've found is the Yahoo idle status icon works now.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Yep, I upgraded. That's the new version and build number. The only difference I've found is the Yahoo idle status icon works now.
    I sometimes defer to the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" theory, but I guess I'll go ahead and upgrade.
  5.    #5  
    I'm hoping it's more stable and that they fixed the bugs with the audible notifications.

I have the previous versions installer so I can always revert back.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Hmm, I tried Mundu a while back and kept getting resets so I deleted it. Maybe try it again since they have an upgrade that might have fixed things.
    Updated. Thanks.
    I have had no problems with the upgrade - I did it yesterday morning. Ben
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    One of the issues I had with Mundu (having little free memory on my 650) was that switching it back and forth between RAM isnt very helpful, because all the carrier library files stay stuck in RAM, and take up a heap of space.

Mundu tech support noted this as a problem, and said they would address it in the next release.

Can someone check out whether they have fixed the linking of the library files to the main app, by transferring Mundu to their card?

Ive been using Webmessenger, which for many of its functions runs fine even from the SD card. As well as being (more than?) comparable to Mundu in functionality, looks and stability. So I would be needing to hear of some major moves forward by Mundu before even bothering to try it again.

Khaytsus- would be very interested to hear from you, if you are going to put this through its paces,

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Nope, it still lives in RAM. I installed it early yesterday morning and it has been stable for me. Ben
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Nope, it still lives in RAM. I installed it early yesterday morning and it has been stable for me. Ben
    Thanks Ben- but could you clarify-- do you mean that the app needs to be in RAM to function, or that the library files stay in RAM when you transfer the app to the SD card?

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    The library files remain in RAM. To test, I moved Mundu via ZLuncher and the only file that was moved: the application file itself, the other files remained in RAM. When I moved everything to the card, the application stated it could not run from the card. So, it just ain't gonna happen. Ben
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The library files remain in RAM. So, it just ain't gonna happen. Ben
    Many thanks Ben!! Maybe when I move up to the Centro

Hmm just thinking, whether I could get Linkstart Pro to make all those library files move with the main app???
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    Many thanks Ben!! Maybe when I move up to the Centro

Hmm just thinking, whether I could get Linkstart Pro to make all those library files move with the main app???
    Sure... but what would be the point of that? It needs be in RAM anyways to receive the notifications. Don't forget you may get resets too because it may be registered for a notification, and is expected to be in RAM... etc.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Sure... but what would be the point of that? It needs be in RAM anyways to receive the notifications.
    99% of the time Im only using IM to to talk to a few friends back in Oz and I know ahead of time when they will be online and ready to chat. So I dont really need notifications (we use SMS if there is something unpredictable). So when I used to use Mundu, I would just shift it from the card into RAM as needed, but the library files were damned annoying!

Youre still sticking with WebMessenger? I havent found it a problem as far as resets, when running it from the card. In fact the more I use it, the more I like it.

cheers
    Last edited by TRgEOff; 04/04/2008 at 06:01 AM.
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Release Log mundu IM on Palm OS (Retail Version 4.1.0)

Enhancements:
    • Support added for Treo 755p, and Centro models
    • OSCAR protocol support for AIM thereby supporting logging into mac accounts
    • Resources locked in Background mode to avoid random crashes
    • Receiving of Offline messages for AOL and ICQ
    • Sending of Offline messages for ICQ
    • Background Alerts: Pop-Up alert wakes up the screen from sleep / stand-by mode
    • Fixes for Auto-reconnect issues
    • Context Menu accessible with the "Enter" key
    • Custom Status Message for AOL in the Away mode
    • GTalk displays typing indicator

Fixes:
    • Login issues cropped up with MSN in the recent days
    • Frequent disconnections with MSN
    • License Activation issues
    • Message loss in ICQ with certain PC clients
    • Few fixes for International characters in messaging
    • GTalk login with special characters
    • Minor fixes for Schedule Login / Logout
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Hmm makes me want to try it again.
    Hmmm, reconnect improvements.. Hey, I'll give it a shot. I've been using Bitlbee and checking in every so often. Reliable but no notifications of when I get an IM..

I started discovering Web Messenger losing messages frequently, especially when data disconnects, but it doesn't seem to always do it. Sometimes it's fine, other times it just drops every message. So I just gave up on it for now.

I'll post back with what I see on this new version of Mundu. Thanks for the info everyone.
    Well, hummmmmm... I've twice gotten a "You have been disconnected from Yahoo" and that's it, it doesn't reconnect, just stays offline!

I let it sit for 10 minutes and checked with my desktop client, and Yahoo stayed offline.

They just don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Well, hummmmmm... I've twice gotten a "You have been disconnected from Yahoo" and that's it, it doesn't reconnect, just stays offline!

I let it sit for 10 minutes and checked with my desktop client, and Yahoo stayed offline.

They just don't get it.
    Note to dummies like this Khaytsus guy; set Prefs to reconnect automatically.

I still notice it pop off Yahoo 2-3 times a day, but so far reconnects.

Scheduled login/logout is still totally broken for me, anyone seen this work?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast