Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I've had the white centro for about a week now and I find the battery life to wear down quickly. i don't have the bluetooth on or am surfing the net much. Just regular texting and phone calls. If i charge it all night, it will be about 3/4 drained in about 12 hours. Should i exchange the phone?
    That sounds about right to me (at least, in terms of my own experience). Battery life sucks. I've found that keeping the screen dimmer helps quite a bit though. There are also some super-duty batteries you can buy.
    Just plug it in every night.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I'm actually getting better battery life on my black AT&T Centro with the stock battery than I got on my 680 even with the extended slim Seidio battery...
    ya, how MUCH talking are you doing? if you are talking like 2 hours a day on the phone then ya, that will burn the battery quick.

so you are saying you are at 25% battery after 12 hours of texting and talking? that's not bad. you also have your screen set to defcon 5 like most new smart phone owners do.

i put my screen on the last adjustment before it completely turns it off and i get tons of battery with all my talk adn continious web surfing all day. the more i talk on the phone teh faster the batt goes though. also, have it set to turn off backlight during phone conversation at 15 seconds...no need for it to be on. keep bluetooth off. also, set the screen to turn off after 30 seconds or less. i keep mine on 30 seconds, but as soon as i text, i hit the end key to shut my screen off instantly. no need to keep it on.

are you running any programs? also, how is your service? if you are low on service then that eats batteries fast.

is this your first smart phone?

your battery sounds fine. that's normal consuption for any smart phone....so much more going on than a regular phones. do you have email setup? if you keep an active internet connection that also burns up the battery super fast.
    oh ya, just as an fyi, even if you dont have a bluetooth, your bluetooth can still be on. make sure the icon is in grey and not blue. grey means off, blue means on. when it's blue, it'll eat your battery like crazy.
    Turn off Beam Receive. Otherwise your device will try to receive infrared beams around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    so you are saying you are at 25% battery after 12 hours of texting and talking? that's not bad.
    What about leaving the phone on all night after charging it to 100% and turning it on to find it down to 25%? it could be longer than 12 hours but no more than 14-16, and this is doing nothing but letting it sit on the nightstand on saturday morning, and picking it up to see it gone.

Now granted I tried the same thing last night with the phone turned off, and still had at least 95% this morning so Idon't know what it was/is.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    All the smartphones consumes more battery than the regular phones. Turn off the bluetooth if you don't need it. Turn off the phone when are you riding subway. Every time it is trying to pick up signal, it drains more battery. Turn it back on when you get on the street level.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    Just a quick note, Bluetooth does not draw that much power; I doubt you will notice any real difference with it on or off. My wife's Centro the Bluetooth is always on along with data (regular battery) and it is always on mine along with data (extended battery).

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Just a quick note, Bluetooth does not draw that much power; I doubt you will notice any real difference with it on or off. My wife's Centro the Bluetooth is always on along with data (regular battery) and it is always on mine along with data (extended battery).

Ben
    if you believe this you're crazy.....my battery life dropped by over an hour a day by using bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris777 View Post
    What about leaving the phone on all night after charging it to 100% and turning it on to find it down to 25%? it could be longer than 12 hours but no more than 14-16, and this is doing nothing but letting it sit on the nightstand on saturday morning, and picking it up to see it gone.

Now granted I tried the same thing last night with the phone turned off, and still had at least 95% this morning so Idon't know what it was/is.
    web connection and server ping. if your phone wasn't in perfect service or it was going up and down when connected to the service it will eat power.

also, if for some reason it was trying to connect to an online server, it would eat more, then maybe the next night it didn't.

also, you never know what the phone company is doing to those towers. if they are doing maintenance or changing something and it's not putting out as much signal that will require your phone to work harder to find the signal and eat more power. power is directly related to your signal strength and it makes a huge difference.

turn the phone portion of the device off and see how long that battery lasts.....i've left just my pda part on for over a week with the same charge. soon as i turn that phone on and start using data, it'll be dead in a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post

Ben
    I am thinking of getting a bleu toof headset do they wok well with this phone (don't draw too much power)?
  14. tsy
    Quote Originally Posted by success View Post
    I've had the white centro for about a week now and I find the battery life to wear down quickly. i don't have the bluetooth on or am surfing the net much. Just regular texting and phone calls. If i charge it all night, it will be about 3/4 drained in about 12 hours. Should i exchange the phone?
    I had sucky battery life till i found out there were background apps draining my Centro.

My initial daily use brought it down to 50% after 12 hours of use. Now its 79% doing the same things.

How to achieve this? =

1) make sure no background apps running. Those that access MicroSD cards a lot are usually the culprit. For me it was pocket tunes and Call Rec. One sure way to make sure no apps are running. Do a soft reset. A less drastic solution is to make sure that when you leave pockettunes you press Z to stop the app

2) Turn off BT, Infrared and Keyboard (in the day) and set screen brightness to 20%. Powerhero from hobbyist software is great for controlling the above in a nice user friendly GUI.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris777 View Post
    If the phone is sitting on the nightstand "doing nothing" why not plug it into a charger? I don't understand why people don't charge the phone overnight while they are sleeping. You have a fully charged phone in the morning and hopefully it will get you through the day.

Of course, if you want to be on the cutting edge, you could purchase this wonderful, state of the art, woman-attracting, absolutely stunning extended battery!

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...tteryCover.jpg http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...teryCover2.jpg
    Use Cleanstart to prevent apps from running on a restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    If the phone is sitting on the nightstand "doing nothing" why not plug it into a charger? I don't understand why people don't charge the phone overnight while they are sleeping. You have a fully charged phone in the morning and hopefully it will get you through the day.

Of course, if you want to be on the cutting edge, you could purchase this wonderful, state of the art, woman-attracting, absolutely stunning extended battery!

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...tteryCover.jpg http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...teryCover2.jpg
    "is there an extended battery in my phone or is my phone just happy to see you??"

that's a huge battery, i better get a full year out of a charge with that thing!!