Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Having just upgraded from 650 to 755p, I notice that bluetooth devices are stored by long number and letter codes rather than 'Moto S9', 'Itech R35' or 'BMW' as they used to be- is there a way to edit this and get the real names back?

What other unpleasant surprises should I look forward to?
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    my 755p stores my devices by names - only after my rom upgrade from 1.04 to 1.07 did I get the numbering system - so I just deleted the devices although they still functioned, I then re-paired them to get my names back.

I believe there is a setting to have the names show - can't remember - but it is in the Bluetooth menu I think
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    my 755p stores my devices by names - only after my rom upgrade from 1.04 to 1.07 did I get the numbering system - so I just deleted the devices although they still functioned, I then re-paired them to get my names back.

I believe there is a setting to have the names show - can't remember - but it is in the Bluetooth menu I think

I did my ROM update from a new clean machine- again- I delete the devices in BT and re-pair them and I will get names?
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    thats what I did - in your sprint manual it talks about what settings you use that will show the names after you pair them - I think it is the main Bluetooth screen and you have to select "visible" - also on the bottom right of "that" screen is a little "tip box" - click on that and it might give you some info that is helpful.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    yes if you delete them and then repair them you will get their real names.. for some reason after the rom update it converted them all to their MAC address which is in hexadecimal.