Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Glad to be back!!

I was on hiatus after tweaking my 650 to the point that it was second nature. But with the Centro, it's time to re-engage.

First question... Are there any compatibility issues with software apps I have on my 650 if I migrate them to the Centro?

• Launcher X
    • Central
    • Backup Man
    • File Man
    • PC Commander
    • Card Export
    • Resco File Explorer
    • Removeit
    • VolumeCare
    • TOO
    • Sound Rec
    • Snapper Mail
    • TomTom NAV
    • Klondike
    • TCPMP
    • Splashphoto...

Should everything work fine on the Central??
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    Wow you did tweak a lot. I have the answer to a few...
    LauncherX - Yes
    VolumeCare - Yes
    SplashPhoto - Yes
    I also have a lot of apps (I keep an app folder on my PC). When I got my Centro I only loaded the ones I currently use. I just thought it was useless to have a ton of apps on my phone that I didn't use.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    You will need the most current version of Card Reader (1.07)... I had an older version and it couldn't see my card but I just emailed Mobile-Stream and they sent me the new version and it works great

Edit:
    Sorry, just re-read your list and you use Card Export not Card Reader...
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by floridatony View Post
    Wow you did tweak a lot...... I just thought it was useless to have a ton of apps on my phone that I didn't use.
    Truth be told, I use every one of those apps regularly with the exception of RemoveIt & TOO
    Technology Rules!
    You no longer need Volume Care. The Centro seems to have the volume issues fixed! Speakers are loud and clear now...
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Ok, VolumeCare stays out until I feel I need it. Thanks!!
    Technology Rules!
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Ok, VolumeCare stays out until I feel I need it. Thanks!!
    i installed it after about a week. it does still improve the volume. and yes, snappermail is a definite must and works the same as on a 650
    I have Card Export on my Centro. It seems working fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by miller View Post
    i installed it after about a week. it does still improve the volume. and yes, snappermail is a definite must and works the same as on a 650
    I'm curious which Centro you have...

I've got the recently released black Centro on AT&T. And I can't imagine turning the volume up any higher than the 2nd highest level.

Maybe there are hardware differences?
    I have Card Reader (had 1.07 for a couple of months) and Blue Files - due to the Bluetooth configuration on my Gateway Vista laptop, I cannot use Bluetooth and those applications. Card Reader does work with the USB connection.

Ben
    Don't know if folks are aware, but PocketTunes that came with your Centro will communicate with your PC while it's running and connected via USB.

You can use it just like a card reader to move files between your Centro and PC.
    Kyo 6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Centro -> (?)
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I have a problem with my Launcher X. When I hit the home button, it goes to the Palm default launcher instead. I have to activate Launcher X to get there. Realised that if I do Opt + Home, I can get to Launcher X automatically. Does anyone have a workaround to this?
    snap! <^<< snap!