1.    #1  
    Anyone know how to get your MSL on the Centro? I just called cust service and they said they can't give it to me while I'm under contract.
    It is idiotic why Sprint sometimes won't give out MSL codes. What valid reason is there?
    Anyway, call CS and say you're having powervision connection issues. They will go through a troubleshooting script. Keep saying it doesn't work until they walk you through the programming steps wherein they give you the MSL code (write it down). You can cancel out of programming or just go through with it. Then say it worked. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    It is idiotic why Sprint sometimes won't give out MSL codes. What valid reason is there?
    Anyway, call CS and say you're having powervision connection issues. They will go through a troubleshooting script. Keep saying it doesn't work until they walk you through the programming steps wherein they give you the MSL code (write it down). You can cancel out of programming or just go through with it. Then say it worked. Good luck.
    thanks, that sounds like a good plan. but i wonder if they'll have it on record that i already asked for my MSL, and thus raise some eyebrows (not that it really matters). probably not seeing how incompetent the CSs seem to be.
    what does having the MSL code do for you?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by thejesusegg View Post
    what does having the MSL code do for you?
    it lets you access and adjust certain phone options that you can't otherwise access, including 'unlocking' the phone so that you can use it with other carriers (and thus their reason for not giving it out to customers still in contract).

i originally wanted my MSL because i'm planning on porting my number to my centro which i have so far been using a temporary number with. i'm worried that my speed dial voicemail wont switch over to my new number (as i've heard has happened to others) and so i may need to do it manually.

by now that i've researched MSL just a little bit i think it'll be neat to have access to some other hidden options as well.
    I found something that might help in another TreoCentral thread.
    Go to: Cross-Platform Chat > Treo General Chat > Need MSL maybe i can help.
    They posted a link.
    I have the same question as "thejesusegg", What does having the MLS code do for you?
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    Will this work on GSM?
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    Quote Originally Posted by floridatony View Post
    Will this work on GSM?
    No, the MSl is only on CDMA phones.
    I'm reading and checked the other forum. I have Sprint.
    I am curious too, don't understand what this can do for you - phone options such as . .
    Thanks, always playing with mine to find fun things and apps
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by floridatony View Post
    I found something that might help in another TreoCentral thread.
    Go to: Cross-Platform Chat > Treo General Chat > Need MSL maybe i can help.
    They posted a link.
    I have the same question as "thejesusegg", What does having the MLS code do for you?
    thanks for the tip tony, though i had already read that. as of now i can't figure out how to get that program to work on my centro (it's not a prc.)
  11.    #11  
    Those asking 'what the msl can do for you' - honestly I really know very little about the MSL, other than it allows you to access options you otherwise can't access. If you want to know specifically what, you'll have to ask someone more knowledgeable than I.
    Ever wonder how to totally clean your treo/centro? I use it for the RTN reset: resets to factory state - this wipes out your phone number from phone info menu and also your powervision login info. Doing just a hard reset does not. I'm not sure about 'zero out' resets. I'm just very anal when I have to give up my handset to sell or exchange.

RTN reset: dial ##786, menu > reset, enter MSL, click ok. It will do what looks like a hard reset but when you check phone info, your phone number is gone. Also check in prefs > network to be sure your PV user info has been deleted.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  13.    #13  
    Now if I just had my MSL, I could try that some day....
  14.    #14  
    I just called Sprint to port my old number to my new phone and they had me enter in a six-digit code so I can reprogram my phone. I'm assuming this is my MSL.

Sweet.

[edit] now that I've got it, I can't find the material I had been reading about what one can do with it! all i know how to do right now is change my number, and that's one thing I don't need to do.
    Last edited by amm888; 04/04/2008 at 01:40 PM.