Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Hi everyone! I ditched my Motorola RazR POS in favor of a PDA, a slightly used Palm Treo 650 for the Sprint Network. I have a question regarding web browsers. On my RazR I had installed Opera Mini and it was fanstastic, super fast. The Blazer web browser in the Palm is OK, but not great. Pages take too long to load and it kills the battery quicker. I went to download Opera Mini and it says I need to have JVM installed on my Palm before it could work. I went to Palm's website and its no longer available. Is there a way around this to get Opera to work? Or can I get JVM from some place else? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    I believe this post will lead you to what you are looking for:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...57&postcount=6
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    great....thanks! are there instructions on how to install Opera too? I remember reading something that said I need to install Opera inside of JVM
    To save your battery life while surfing the internet on your phone, you might want to dim the background. It took me a while until I knew about it, but push the blue button (bottom left) and then the shift button (bottom right).
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    OK guys, another question.

I found the JVM download and installed it to my Treo using a Hot Synch as directed, worked fine. I went to Opera's website and found their instructions for downloading Mini and was a bit confused. I did correct the setting for JVM as directed on the Opera page.

Anyway, it said to point my WAP browser to the link to download Mini, that's the Blazer browser, correct? I tried to install Opera using the install feature in the JVM and it kept saying it was missing a Midlet. So I downloaded and installed Mini from Blazer and it works fine. My question is this, was I supposed to do it like this? I couldn't find any detailed instructions, so I decided to wing it and hopefully I did no harm to my Treo.