1.    #1  
    One of the challenges to using a Treo is adjusting to the touch screen for manual dialing. So far, the best solution I've found is TakePhone. Has anyone found a similar application that they think presents buttons that are easier to hit with one's fingers? Love smartphones and would never go back to a standard phone, but let's face it - regular cell phones are so much easier to dial.
    Mark Bergman
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I use TakePhone and love it. Shimon the developer is always doing updates with great stuff. He listens to the customers and tries his best to format what we want into it. It is a must have in my book.
    Another vote for TakePhone, but I've also used UltimatePhone... The interface was a little laggy for my taste.
    I use TakePhone and don't have a problem dialing with it or with the built in keyboard. I have to say, I don't do a lot of dialing. I usually am looking up contacts by typing part of their name.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    If you want to skin the original dialpad, use Skinner.
    Mark, take a look at DialByPhoto $7.50. Try the trial. I have it on my phone and have it set on my phone button. It reminds me of T-Mobile's Top 5.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
  7. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    See I must be the only person who had TONS of issues with TakePhone. It jacked my whole phone up so bad that I had to have it completely wiped. A hard reset wasn't even enough.

Ill stick with the basic phone app.
    I loved DialByPhoto on my 755p... I just switched to AT&T so I'm trying out their Phone app a bit before I install DialByPhoto on my Centro but I highly recommend it!!
    I doubt it was TakePhone - it is only a wrapper for the default dialer. I hope you did take the time to contact the developer about it.

Ben
  10. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I doubt it was TakePhone - it is only a wrapper for the default dialer. I hope you did take the time to contact the developer about it.

Ben
    Honestly I never thought to. Maybe I should. I just spent the time to get it back to working normally again.
    Never seen any problems with Takephone.
    takephone is the best and the support is 2nd to nobody