Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Listen up y'all! This is some sweet news that we've just received through the tech pipelines!

The firmware update has just been released which makes the Sprint Centro "now" GPS enabled. WooHoo! This was an unexpected surprise that has caused some extreme drooling.

So here's the deal.. All Sprint phones have GPS capabilities via the gpsOne chipset (Qualcomm MSM series). Ya with me so far? The Centro does have the GPS chip but it hasn't been enabled until now. Well, the Centro's chipset didn't support GPS and Rev A. It only supported EVDO 1.0 and eGPS. But we just got word that Sprint has rolled out a RevA update with GPS.

Read the full story here.
    aw. nXt. Such a spoil sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Actually, you did fool me.
    I posted and asked if Sprint would not charge for using the built in GPS.

Then I was all ready to forward this to several tech blogs, and I was copying the urls and checking the links then suddenly saw that and QUICKLY edited my post as to not look like a fool
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Sorry the GPS was an April Fools joke. My son with the Centro was bummed. Just glad I got the WIFI working on my ATT 680 today at last. Had to download the 4.01 ATT firmware update to get it,but it installed OTA without a hitch (as usual) and finally gave access to that WIFI chip that was there all along...
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdoc View Post
    Sorry the GPS was an April Fools joke. My son with the Centro was bummed. Just glad I got the WIFI working on my ATT 680 today at last. Had to download the 4.01 ATT firmware update to get it,but it installed OTA without a hitch (as usual) and finally gave access to that WIFI chip that was there all along...
    In the battery, right?
  6.    #7  
    Yeah, gotta love that 4.01 ATT firmware update giving us WiFi via the battery! Heck, that's how I posted the Sprint Rom/GPS chip story; straight from my Centro via WiFi! I'm sitting in an all night coffee shop
    I hate Treo Central.

I was so mad reading this article that the Centro got this and my 700p can't. I wasn't even thinking what day it was.

Good laugh though, but, c'mon. At least wait till 6am to start.
    Heck, while I'm at it - I'm gonna turn the GPS on on my 8-track player in my car
    Same gag as last year...? It was the 680 GPS Battery mod for memory
    Quote Originally Posted by nXt View Post

lol, I'm actually glad nxt spoiled it.

Kudos NXT
    Isn't Hesse Sprint's CEO?
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Isn't Hesse Sprint's CEO?
    A clue.
    You should have Rickroll'ed ppl with the video! that would have been classic!

Im a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    It's funny until someone gets punched in the mouth.

Funny, but not as good as Notebookreview.com's April Fool's joke.
    Reminds of the battery wifi joke on the 700p's a couple of years ago.

Well done.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Great job! I forwarded it to a few on my friends that own Centros.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Indeed. Some people just don't know how to let it roll.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    This story alone has doubled Palm's stock
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast