1.    #1  
    Anyone know of an application for auto dimming / brightening? Something were you can set different brightness levels for different times of day?

-alex
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Thanks papped. I saw that program when I searched around for a dimmer. but for some reason I was thinking it wouldn't work for our centros (like it was specific to the treo line). but now, I'm not sure why I was thinking that. I'll give it a try.

[edit] interesting program, but it doesn't seem to be auto-adjusting for me.

[edit2] yeah, it's definitely not working properly. it only adjusts when i go directly into the program and 'adjust' it.
    Last edited by amm888; 03/31/2008 at 09:52 PM.
    I haven't tried the latest one, so I dunno.
    Powerman
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    I haven't tried the latest one, so I dunno.
    yeah this version i've got is definitely not auto dimming. plus it creates an annoying lag between changing apps.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman1 View Post
    Powerman
    thanks, that looks like a nice program. unfortunately i don't really care enough about this to spend money on a program, i was hoping there was a free-bee.
    Try the Treo Profile Manager called profiles.

link
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by franko353 View Post
    Try the Treo Profile Manager called profiles.

link
    thanks, I'll try that out.

[edit] installed it, and i can see it in the "prefs" menu, but it doesn't do anything when i click on it.
    Last edited by amm888; 04/02/2008 at 12:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by amm888 View Post
    installed it, and i can see it in the "prefs" menu, but it doesn't do anything when i click on it.
    yea...you have to set it up. It can do dimming plus a lot more(i.e. change settings for: Display, General, Keyguard, Phone, Sound, Profile,Application).

First you need to create different profiles, by hitting the "new" button. In your case, you probable want a "Bright" and a "Dim"...something that describes the "profile".

Then you set up "triggers" to change profiles. These can be triggered by a "time of day", a datebook event (like the keyword "church" in an event description) or if you are charging (plugged in) or "pluggled out".

I think most people use this FREE program to automatically silence their phones for meeting/church/class....based on entries in the datebook.

You may want to look through the manual (it's called "guide101.txt") at the above link to get an better idea on how to use it.

F
    Last edited by franko353; 04/02/2008 at 12:50 PM.
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by franko353 View Post
    yea...you have to set it up. It can do dimming plus a lot more(i.e. change settings for: Display, General, Keyguard, Phone, Sound, Profile,Application).

First you need to create different profiles, by hitting the "new" button. In your case, you probable want a "Bright" and a "Dim"...something that describes the "profile".

Then you set up "triggers" to change profiles. These can be triggered by a "time of day", a datebook event (like the keyword "church" in an event description) or if you are charging (plugged in) or "pluggled out".

I think most people use this FREE program to automatically silence their phones for meeting/church/class....based on entries in the datebook.

[edit] i just downloaded it directly from my phone and now it's working. what a great little program!

[edit] i downloaded from my Centro and now it seems to be working correctly. thanks franko!

You may want to look through the manual (it's called "guide101.txt") at the above link to get an better idea on how to use it.

F
    Thanks for all the info, but I can't do any of that. "Profiles" is in my prefs menu, but I can't access it. Clicking on it does nothing. In the guide it says the following:

"The installation installs the following files:

profiles.prc - the application itself

ProfilesDB.pdb - a database of all created profiles

ProfilesTriggersDB.pdb - a database of all created triggers"

but the only file i found to download and install was Profiles.prc, maybe that's the problem.
    Last edited by amm888; 04/02/2008 at 05:48 PM.
  12.    #12  
    I just downloaded it directly from my phone and now it's working. what a great little program, thanks franko!
    Quote Originally Posted by amm888 View Post
    I just downloaded it directly from my phone and now it's working. what a great little program, thanks franko!
    Great...I think it's pretty neat too. I love how I can put things in my date book and add a keyword like "qt1" and the phone will automatically be silent during that event.

Frank
    Step up and be Green!

Can you use the category of a calendar event as the trigger? AKA the start of any event with the category of business starts a silent profile and the ending of that event starts a general profile?
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Can you use the category of a calendar event as the trigger? AKA the start of any event with the category of business starts a silent profile and the ending of that event starts a general profile?
    I don't think so. I think you need to specify that a trigger will start when a certain keyword is in an calendar event title.

As an example, I use the keyword 'qt1' to trigger a silent calendar event. I could use a calendar keyword like "silent" in the title, but I am afraid I might use it by accident as part of a calendar event title...like "9pm Silent Auction".

I think there are other threads that talk about this program more. You could always do a search for it and post there.
    Step up and be Green!