1.    #1  
    Ok guys... I'm used to being on the helping end... but this one stumps me!!!
    For some unknown reason... yes it really was rather random....my Treo 700p (755 mod) has stopped syncing to the PC... but only the contacts and calendar are broken. Everything else is fine.

I am having an unrelated?? issue with my Treo getting amnesia and dropping it's presonality on me... Don't know if it's woth mentioning here... http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=163008

Already tried dbscan... cleaned up 4 records, but no help. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Palm desktop from the cd, twice. I normally sync with Palm Desktop and Agendus, but I already removed Agendus from the equation as well. This time with multiple reboots and cleaning the registry of any reference ever made to 'palm'. Still no luck. This last time, reinstalled to different location on the hard drive to fake out any incorrect paths... no luck.

The hotsync logs on the Treo are clean, but they do not mention Contacts and Calendar at all. It's like they do not exist. Same thing for the desktop hotsync... logs look great, but no mention of Contacts or Calendar. At all. When you go into Hotsync > Custom, they are all set to Syncronize. I can set them to Handheld Overwrites, but it doesn't help either.

Any suggestions I haven't tried yet??
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
  2.    #2  
    Anybody?
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Not encountered this so far but you may could have PC version of the contacts and calendars were corrupted. Based on your statements, you have all your data on your device intact, just not syncing two PIM Db's Contacts and Calendar.

Do you backup to your SD card just in case? Either via BackupMan, Resco Backup, etc. If yes, please run a new full backup now.

Next: On your Palm device, click hotsync icon > Options > Conduit Setup, check that both calendar and contacts are checked.

Make a backup of your \PalmOne\<Hotsync_Name> folder into a different folder.

Do you sync on the same PC with another Palm device?

As the other suggestions on the other thread you mentioned, you could also have your preferences corrupted. Are other data missing, i.e. you have a licensed software and you know it works before, now when you run it, it says, you need to buy the license or enter the license keys.

Other symptoms could be settings you have done on your device changed and you know how different the settings were before. Reset Doctor can help but hopefully before your preferences were corrupted.

Finally: If it is corrupted, try the suggestion to backup and restore only PIM data and install software one by one.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    If you have an Exchange account set up in Versamail, that will prevent your Calendar and Contacts from syncing with the Palm desktop.
    I had this problem too, right after I installed the Wireless Sync (Verizon). I did get this error though:

Outlook Calendar
    The attempt to open the database failed.
    Date Book application database is not found. Please invoke the Date Book application on the handheld once and re-synchronize
    OLERR:05-0001
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

I found this tip in an archive and it worked like a charm for me. Still I backed up my Outlook folder first, just in case.....

-----------------------------------
    EASY SOLUTION for ME ....
    1) Went to home menu of applications
    2) Clicked on Wireless Sync application
    3) Did the 'drop down menu' by tapping on upper left hand corner
    4) Chose "settings"
    5) Chose "Connections"
    6) Clicked on "Advanced"
    7) Checked the box of "Enable other sync apps"

I have a treo 700p for verizon
    ------------------------------------------------

You know, I'm in tech support too and I pity the regular person who has to muddle through this. Good luck!
    Last edited by cas232; 04/07/2008 at 01:57 PM. Reason: forgot something