1.    #1  
    Just got my new Centro and went to sync it on my Mac for the first time.

I was a Palm Vx user ages ago (2004?) and the Installer was able to find my old Palm Desktop info (even though I was using OS9 then and am on 10.3.9 now), my correct User name, etc., and told me it would sync everything but put the word "old" after it. Ok, fine. But after the sync is finished, no info has been exchanged to either platform, and my Centro log has inexplicably named me "PalmUser57."

?

And what can I do to correct this? Help!
  2. tsy
    Quote Originally Posted by melzabub View Post
    Just got my new Centro and went to sync it on my Mac for the first time.

I was a Palm Vx user ages ago (2004?) and the Installer was able to find my old Palm Desktop info (even though I was using OS9 then and am on 10.3.9 now), my correct User name, etc., and told me it would sync everything but put the word "old" after it. Ok, fine. But after the sync is finished, no info has been exchanged to either platform, and my Centro log has inexplicably named me "PalmUser57."

?

And what can I do to correct this? Help!
    Not sure when you sync with panther.. but i think you need to install isync conduit....
  3.    #3  
    Is this something I need to buy?
  4.    #4  
    Sorry for being impatient. I went to Apple support and was able to download iSync. But apparently it doesn't work with mobile phones.

Anyone have any idea what I can do? What I really don't understand is why it found my user name but renamed me PalmUser57...?
  5. tsy
    Quote Originally Posted by melzabub View Post
    Sorry for being impatient. I went to Apple support and was able to download iSync. But apparently it doesn't work with mobile phones.

Anyone have any idea what I can do? What I really don't understand is why it found my user name but renamed me PalmUser57...?
    Try installing the latest palm desktop 4.2.1.. and see whether it works. I am not sure as most of us are running tiger or leopard....
  6.    #6  
    At this point I'm also concerned about the user name. I was trying this at home, where I run an earlier OS than at work, but now if I try it at work it will pick up the incorrect User name from my Centro. Anyone know how I can change the User name on my Centro?
  7.    #7  
    OK, I think I got it...Instead of deleting the "PalmUser57" ID on either my Desktop or my Centro, I renamed it on my Desktop. Then I merged that with the old data file, and that seems to have worked.