Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    (I scrolled through these posts and didn't see anything, but apologize if I missed an earlier answer to this

    My Centro gets my personal email fine...as long as I hit the "Get" button. Without a prompt, though, it just doesn't download email, so I never get alerts.

    Isn't there any way I can tell it to check for email every few minutes when the phone is on? I looked through all the Preferences I could find.

    Thanks for any help you can give me!
  2. #2  
    I don't think you can in the standard email app that comes installed on the centro. you can install the sprint mail app and that will do it (it should already be on your phone if your carrier is sprint), or you can buy a program like chatteremail that also has the capability.
  3.    #3  
    Ok, thanks. I have AT&T. Do you know if Chatteremail works with that?
  4. phwelo's Avatar
    Posts
    527 Posts
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    #4  
    chatter will work with any carrier, as long as you have internet.
  5.    #5  
    Thank you both!
  6. roninksb's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    #6  
    the built-in e-mail app, VersaMail, on the Centro has its own preference settings which would allow you to set up the frequency that mail is automatically retrieved. I believe the shortest interval is 15 minutes.

    You can also limit the size/amount of the e-mail downloaded in case you don't want to download entire e-mails.

    ChatterEmail, allows for retrieving e-mail, pretty much, as soon as it arrives at the server but you take a hit in battery life if you set it up to do that. It will work with any carrier.
    Regards, RoninKSB
  7. #7  
    In the Palm supplied email app you can set Versamail to autosync you various email accounts you set up. Press the menu key and go to preferences -> then select autosync. from there you can set up a sync schedule for how often you'd like.
  8.    #8  
    Holy cow, how did I miss that? Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
  9. #9  
    You can use true exchange with the eas option in versa mail ans ota sync mail appts and contacts. Sign up for a free exchange account at www.mail2web.com. The eas option is much better on the battery than chattermail.
    Mike
  10. #10  
    I would be wary of Versamail auto-sync. If it works for you great, but depending what is in your inbox (particularly with Gmail), auto sync can screw up, locking up your phone frequently, cause huge battery drain and cause the phone to get hot. I believe it has something to do with VM's auto-sync polling for emails that it shouldn't, whereas a manual sync does not.

    VM on my 755p (3.5.4, 3.5.5 and 4.0.1) receives an invalid credentials error for my Gmail account (imap or pop) on every auto-sync, but manual sync works 100% fine. On a different gmail account, my Centro starts getting stupidly hot and refuses to power on often with auto-sync enabled. Phone works perfectly fine with auto-sync disabled or a different email app...
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    I would be wary of Versamail auto-sync. If it works for you great, but depending what is in your inbox (particularly with Gmail), auto sync can screw up, locking up your phone frequently, cause huge battery drain and cause the phone to get hot. I believe it has something to do with VM's auto-sync polling for emails that it shouldn't, whereas a manual sync does not.

    VM on my 755p (3.5.4, 3.5.5 and 4.0.1) receives an invalid credentials error for my Gmail account (imap or pop) on every auto-sync, but manual sync works 100% fine. On a different gmail account, my Centro starts getting stupidly hot and refuses to power on often with auto-sync enabled. Phone works perfectly fine with auto-sync disabled or a different email app...
    That sounds more like something going on with gmail and not just Versamail. We have around 100 devices using Versamail with both EAS for business and POP/IMAP for personal and no one has mentioned having any issues with battery drain or getting hot. Our devices range from 650's to Centro's.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  12. #12  
    GMail is the cause, but VM is the app that causes the problem on your device.

    So if VM has problems with certain Gmail inboxes, it can potentially cause problems with your device that other email apps do not cause.

    Also there are a lot of people that have said they have problems of some sort with Gmail IMAP and VM combo.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Also there are a lot of people that have said they have problems of some sort with Gmail IMAP and VM combo.
    In Centro?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    GMail is the cause, but VM is the app that causes the problem on your device.

    So if VM has problems with certain Gmail inboxes, it can potentially cause problems with your device that other email apps do not cause.

    Also there are a lot of people that have said they have problems of some sort with Gmail IMAP and VM combo.
    You may be correct. To my knowledge, there are two of us who have gmail set up on our devices as well as EAS. Mine is on a Centro and the other is on a 755. Neither one of us have problems, but we don't use IMAP for gmail.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  15. #15  
    I use the free Sprint Mobile Email (free download from Sprint) which has Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail and POP3. When I have email from Gmail or Yahoo, I'll get notified and your email delivered to your phone inbox. You can set it how often you want it to check for email.
  16. #16  
    I use chattermail.
    Nothing better imo.

    I have Gmail's app installed and it works like crap imo.

    Sprints email client isnt all its cracked up to be either.


    just my 2cents.
  17. #17  
    For Yahoo and Hotmail, Sprint's email is AWFUL for me. It rarely retrieves the mail without timing out. If it does decide to retrieve, it takes FOREVER! I also hate the navigation, unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't figure out how to get it to download the entire message.
    John 3:16
  18. #18  
    Chattermail is my lifeline. I use it for push with gmail imap and it works great.
  19. #19  
    My VM sync works fine but my battery goes down fast... I just keep a spare charger at work.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmy600 View Post
    For Yahoo and Hotmail, Sprint's email is AWFUL for me. It rarely retrieves the mail without timing out. If it does decide to retrieve, it takes FOREVER! I also hate the navigation, unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't figure out how to get it to download the entire message.
    You click the "Read More" button. I've never had a pull timeout unless it was a large file transfer that lost connection mid way.

Posting Permissions