1.    #1  
    After a month of being satisfied with my 8GB SDHC card on my Treo 680, I finally managed to get myself into some sort of a trouble. I don't have time to test all the apps that I installed and having an 8GB card makes you confident that you can just place everything on it. When I choose to view the apps on my SD card, the icons are over 200 already (I think) and it won't scroll past letter S (since the apps are sorted alphabetically). I have tried in vain to look for a way to create folders and subfolders like in Windows and Symbian system, unfortunately, I don't think its possible in Palm. Any ideas on how I can get things organized? Will I need to take over manually and create the subfolders using a SD card reader? Help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    The Palm OS does not support folders in the Windows folder manner. If you have a third party launcher that is capable of launching applications from the card, the third party launcher creates folders and moves the applications to those folders. Otherwise, lunchable applications go to the Palm/Launcher folder. Music and similar noise things go to the /Audio folder. Pictures and similar things go to the /DCIM folder. All of these folders are created automagically.

Ben
    If you create folders in the Palm/Launcher folder and place apps in the folder, they will appear in that category.
    AKA apps in Palm/Launcher/System will appear in the System category.
    Not on my Sprint Centro. Ben
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    If you create folders in the Palm/Launcher folder and place apps in the folder, they will appear in that category.
    AKA apps in Palm/Launcher/System will appear in the System category.
    Not on my 680. The application is no longer visible in the standard Garnet Application Launcher.

I created the folder "/PALM/Launcher/Test", moved an application into it, removed and reinserted the SD card. The application is nowhere to be found and the folder's name (Test) does not appear in the Application Launcher's "Category" list.
    you need to use a 3rd party launcher.