1.    #1  
    Hello everyone, new Centro owner on Sprint SERO. In fact, I bought 3 of the little buggers, and may be buying a 4th soon. . .

Anyway, what's the best way to move data to the micro SD card? I've always used the card reader in my laptop for my SD card in the Treo 650, but I'm assuming it won't work anymore. How are you folk doing it?

Palm ought to include a utility to move data to the card. Is there a free app to do it, or do I need to buy a USB card reader?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    either use an sd adapter for it or get the program "card reader" my micro sd came with an adapter that you just pop the little card into and then read from a normal sd-slot
    Using the hardware adapter is troublesome as you need to remove the battery cover. I would suggest to use the software "CardReader". It is a very good utitlity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Hello everyone, new Centro owner on Sprint SERO. In fact, I bought 3 of the little buggers, and may be buying a 4th soon. . .

Anyway, what's the best way to move data to the micro SD card? I've always used the card reader in my laptop for my SD card in the Treo 650, but I'm assuming it won't work anymore. How are you folk doing it?

Palm ought to include a utility to move data to the card. Is there a free app to do it, or do I need to buy a USB card reader?
    my laptop has a built in card reader, but it doesn't recognize the sdhc card.
    so I had to use the card reader supplied with the micro sd and its adapter.

Ill try and download some drivers soon, but considering what a pain it is to get in and out of the centro Ill probably only do it for huge file dumps.

how long have you been on CERO btw, I almost went with it, but I was unsure about their service in my area, but I am already having a bit of buyers remorse with the att as Ill have to drop data after I get my rebate.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris777 View Post
    my laptop has a built in card reader, but it doesn't recognize the sdhc card.
    so I had to use the card reader supplied with the micro sd and its adapter.

Ill try and download some drivers soon, but considering what a pain it is to get in and out of the centro Ill probably only do it for huge file dumps.

how long have you been on CERO btw, I almost went with it, but I was unsure about their service in my area, but I am already having a bit of buyers remorse with the att as Ill have to drop data after I get my rebate.
    I just signed up for SERO. If the service is good, I'll stay with it. Otherwise, it's back to AT&T.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    Using the hardware adapter is troublesome as you need to remove the battery cover. I would suggest to use the software "CardReader". It is a very good utitlity.
    It is a shame that the Centro does not include this functionality. . .

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I just signed up for SERO. If the service is good, I'll stay with it. Otherwise, it's back to AT&T.
    I assume you have the same 30 day buy and try deal that I have with at&t.

Let us know how it goes.
    I wrestled with it for a couple of hours, but was nervous about doing it all over the net, or the phone, instead of a B&M plus I am still not sure how much I would use data.

I am having a bit of buyers remorse, but I really dont know about sprint service in the atlanta area, I havent used them in over 10 years so I just don't know anymore.

but man thats a sweet deal I am paying 30 on the data plan alone and I'll have to drop it when I get the rebate, but at 30 for data plus regular service I could probably tolerate a deal like that.
    Sprint let's you return after leaving, I imagine ATNT has something too. Get Sero, port the number and go back if you don't like it. Sero can't be beat unless coverage is an issue. How much time do you have left, Sprint has a thirty day trial.
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    Using the hardware adapter is troublesome as you need to remove the battery cover.
    That's not quite correct - unless your fingernails are very short.

I've got no problem at all pushing my index finger's nail between the battery cover and the bit of plastic that serves as cover for the card's slot; the battery cover easily moves out of the way that much.

I then lift the slot cover out and reach in with my thumb's nail to unlock the card.

Regards,

Jochen