1.    #1  
    Recently Opera Mini has started to hang. First it was on certain sites that I had bookmarked but now it hangs on any site. I have deleted it, reset and reinstalled via the cradle hotsync but the problem persists. Am I supposed to delete the java vm too and if so how do I do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by discobay View Post
    Recently Opera Mini has started to hang. First it was on certain sites that I had bookmarked but now it hangs on any site. I have deleted it, reset and reinstalled via the cradle hotsync but the problem persists. Am I supposed to delete the java vm too and if so how do I do this?

Opera is working fine for me in the Atlanta area.

Maybe you are in a crappy signal area and it's hanging on the connection to the Opera server.

In fact, I am posting this using Opera on a Sprint 700p......

3.    #3  
    I have the problem all around town and in places where Blazer and Versamail have no problem getting data.
    I am having no luck in completing removing opera mini and java as this should reset things to the way they were/should be.
    Hey dude

Open Opera and go to Opera tools and dump your Opera History and Opera Cookies. See if that works....

Your Opera history and cookies are NOT stored on your device, but are stored on the Opera server.

5.    #5  
    Did that but still no luck. Should I delete java and if so which files?
    I don't think it is Java. Just so you know, there are a whole slew of us for whom Opera just does not work well, that is one of the problems - the hang ups and the crashes.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    What version of OM do you use? I had that kind of prob a couple months ago using 3.1. Finally I upgraded to OM4. Better stability & faster rendering. Of course sometimes it just hang/reset, but much fewer than before. In fact I'm posting this from OM4. Just be careful, OM doesn't play nice w/ chatteremail and sometimes resco explorer reported connection still used by another application when I tried to disconnect from Resco's tool even though I already exit from OM.
  8.    #8  
    I used 3.1 for a long time with no problems and in fact 4 has been problem free too. For some unknown reason 4 now will not work bar the first time following installation. I have not installed or tweaked any thing. This is so annoying.
    Low dbCache? The unfragmented part of dbCache should be bigger than your setting in Java's setting for OM.
    EDIT FOR ABOVE:
    It should be read as "FREE" DbCache. Nevermind the unfragmented part.
  11.    #11  
    Sorry but how do I change the DbCache setting?