Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I wonder if anyone have experienced this before? Occassionally, when a call comes in and I try to answer the call, Centro would freeze... if I wait out long enough, it will then response again and answer the phone, but by then ppl would already have hung up...
    Me too. What gives? I'm thinking it has something to do with Nuance, which I installed and later deleted after the trial period. It seems as though the internet attempts to connect when some calls come in
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    What 3rd party apps are you running?
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    that happened to me alot on mRing and Lightwave - try getting red of your rington/caller id apps if you have any and test it
    My daughter's centro also had this problem. She doesn't install a lot of 3rd party software but she has a lot of text messages. I suggested her to delete the messages, it seems okay now.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    LightWav caused mine as well. Deleting text messages is also a great idea.
  7.    #7  
    I seemed to have resolved mine by disabling keyguard! After I disabled keyguard, I could answer calls without that hang and I noticed that if I manually turn on keyguard and calls comes in, it will hang sometimes (if not most of the time!).... weird.

I only have simple stuff like filez, sudoku and keysuite and a 4GB HC card in my phone, nothing more fancy
    Mine hangs on occasion, but I haven't made or received that many calls yet.

I also turned off key guard first thing.
    do any of you use bluetooth?
    Bump
    I use Bluetooth extensively and do not experience this problem. Ben
    I use bluetooth with a parrot kit and a navman, and they dont seem to log off from the phone properly? Once this happens the phone seems to hang when answering? IF I clear the DB cache, and reboot the phone it works fine. Makes me wonder
    SafeGuard will help you identify applications that may be causing this problem. Jeff
    Something is tieing up a decent amount of dbcache so the phone tries to clear dbcache while switching the phone app to the "in a call" screen?
    I cant definitely say why, but I think this has something to do with the bluetooth radio not completely disconnecting from a car kit or other BT device. Clearing the DB cache does seem to fix it most of the time (for me anyway)
    There are about 4 threads running concurrently about this, someone else suggested it was something to do with 3G sim cards, also different SD cards?
    SD card is easy to test. Remove your sd card and if it still happens the sd card has nothing to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    SafeGuard will help you identify applications that may be causing this problem. Jeff
    I understand it could identify an application that crashes the phone, but freeze? Will it identify this?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    I understand it could identify an application that crashes the phone, but freeze? Will it identify this?
    Many times a freeze is nothing more than a crash that does not cause a reset. Additionally, SafeGuard will allow you to track application executions and may help you back track to the application that caused the crash.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    This happens to me and my wife as well. We both use Centros. When someone calls, it hangs when we try to answer. I notice though that if I wait for it, it goes to the call. But, then it's a long wait. Doesn't happen often but it happens.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast