Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. tsy
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Something is tieing up a decent amount of dbcache so the phone tries to clear dbcache while switching the phone app to the "in a call" screen?

I think you hit the pay dirt here. I have been trawling the threads for and answer and you have it. I have reset doc set to clear the DBcache. So when a call comes in and the cache is less than 5mb priority given to clearing the cache. Thus the hang for 1-2mins..
    This happens to me alot, its a problem with dbcache for me. I just do a soft reset and it goes away.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    It doesn't seem to be Keyguard since my wife says it still hangs when receiving a call (with keyguard disabled). I wonder what the problem is, I never got that with the 680.
    If you believe it is a db cache problem, may I suggest instead of a soft reset, install Reset Doctor (http://hobbyistsoftware.com/reset-doctor-more.php) and enable the db cache clearing option, take the default settings and see what happens.
  5. tsy
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    If you believe it is a db cache problem, may I suggest instead of a soft reset, install Reset Doctor (http://hobbyistsoftware.com/reset-doctor-more.php) and enable the db cache clearing option, take the default settings and see what happens.
    erm..reset doc was the cause of the freeze in a way. i set the clear cache at 6mb.. so it kept clearing each time phone came on after using another app. put it down to 3 and problem solved.

Note to palm : give us much more dbcache and dynamic heap the next time.. at least 32mb please....
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Got reset doctor and I manually clear my cache once in a while. So far, so good. I think that if I set any program to do anything automatically, it'll cause a freeze or crash of some sort, that's why I set everything to manual.

Anyway, I'll post if the call receive thing comes back.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12