1.    #1  
    When I get my centro, I was planning on getting the exorbitant data plan, and then when I get my rebate canceling it, but I got to thinking is it really worth it?

Exactly how long does it take to actually get check in hand on the rebate?, if it takes 90 days or more thats my rebate check there in data fees.

Is it a relatively quick rebate? or should I just pay them 200 for the phone and activate it without the time and hassle of sending off the rebate waiting on the check, and then canceling the data plan?
    I think a lot of people skipped the rebate around here. I did, as I didn't want my data plan to change from $10 to $25.
    Vinnie
    I got SERO with Sprint for $30 a month. The phone was $99, and includes 500 minutes, unlimited data and text.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I got SERO with Sprint for $30 a month. The phone was $99, and includes 500 minutes, unlimited data and text.
    Doh you have thrown a monkey wrench in my master scheme if i can get a data plan for 30 a month, and those jerks don't try and charge me a deposit I might Go back to sprint after a 10 plus year absence.

is this unlimited data accessible without using the 500 minutes? if so I may go try and get one and if it has no deposit I might just do it.

I Was balking at at&t 30 data plan but this is a data plan and phone plan
    I might can pass up unlimited mobile to mobile with att For this if data is seperate from minutes.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by john_v View Post
    I think a lot of people skipped the rebate around here. I did, as I didn't want my data plan to change from $10 to $25.
    So you paid 200 for the phone and just Got on your old plan?

I was looking at tacking on with my parents as we are living with them
    And I thought it was pointless to waste 40 plus on a seperate plan , but this whole sprint Sero has me thinking of signing with them. I had one of those bills I paid (TWICE) but that was over 10 years ago before sony bought erricson (I had an awesome sony phone with a flip down mike)

Man I just heard someone in anther forum say they were told Monday the 31st on at& t as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris777 View Post
    Doh you have thrown a monkey wrench in my master scheme if i can get a data plan for 30 a month, and those jerks don't try and charge me a deposit I might Go back to sprint after a 10 plus year absence.

is this unlimited data accessible without using the 500 minutes? if so I may go try and get one and if it has no deposit I might just do it.

I Was balking at at&t 30 data plan but this is a data plan and phone plan
    I might can pass up unlimited mobile to mobile with att For this if data is seperate from minutes.
    Sprint SERO is the best thing out there, and I'm loving Sprint since I switched to them last May. Just know, you cannot just go to a Sprint store or call and get Sprint. You have to follow the correct proceedures. Look in the CDMA thread here to learn more about SERO. $30 a month is for everything, 500 peak minutes, 7-7 off peak unlimited, text (check on that) and unlimited data.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Sprint SERO is the best thing out there, and I'm loving Sprint since I switched to them last May. Just know, you cannot just go to a Sprint store or call and get Sprint. You have to follow the correct proceedures. Look in the CDMA thread here to learn more about SERO. $30 a month is for everything, 500 peak minutes, 7-7 off peak unlimited, text (check on that) and unlimited data.
    I almost did it, but it helps my parents out by joining their plan, so I broke and went that route. I do know that unless Iget a SERO type deal the data features are gone after rebate, and Iwond be looking to replace them until a fair price such as sero is made widely available.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris777 View Post
    So you paid 200 for the phone and just Got on your old plan?
    Actually only paid 150 without rebate, and just kept my current plan.
    Vinnie
    Key to get the great plan is too be persistant. CAll, call, call, call, and then call some more. Call retentions dpt.

I was able to score on a $40 shared plan

1000mins
    unl text
    unl data ( no pic/vid mail)
    unl roaming
    unl m2m

Plus I havent even added my corporate discount which is another 20%

my last billed was 54 dollars (including warranty on both phones)

update*
    I just called retentions and i was able to get the pic and video mail option for free. (looks like its gonna be a good day!)
    Last edited by turbulent; 03/28/2008 at 02:20 PM.