1.    #1  
    Im "My Centro" after you have registered, press Menu key and select updates.

You should select automatic updates, but it does not work automatically (at least here in Australia).

Select "Update my Centro" occasionally. I have downloaded now two upgrades, pity no information with them to advise what they do!
    doesn't it at least tell you what program is being updated?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    doesn't it at least tell you what program is being updated?
    It tells you that but obviously some sort of firmware proggys, names not in the list of apps. I don't think (but I could be wrong) that it will upgrade the apps, but at this early stage, who knows?

Anyone from Pak here who can help?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Phillips View Post

Anyone from Pak here who can help?
    Sorry for typo - "Pak" should read "Palm" of course.
    Doesnt that "Update" menu item just update the contents of My Centro application?
    What it does is provides you access to some free applications, nothing that exciting though. The applications include Astraware Solitaire, Palms Files (crashes on some devices), MobiTV, and Vox Mobile. You get a user guide and some miscellaneous help information. It also updates the My Centro application, so it really does not do anything of value. It is the equiv of the My Treo application on the 700P device.

Ben
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    What it does is provides you access to some free applications, nothing that exciting though. The applications include Astraware Solitaire, Palms Files (crashes on some devices), MobiTV, and Vox Mobile. You get a user guide and some miscellaneous help information. It also updates the My Centro application, so it really does not do anything of value. It is the equiv of the My Treo application on the 700P device.

Ben
    The update I am referring to is different from the "free" apps, which are available without updating.
    Ok. Normally the update that is done is the PRL update. What other one(s) are we speaking of?

Ben
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Ok. Normally the update that is done is the PRL update. What other one(s) are we speaking of?

Ben
    Err... pardon my ignorance. What is / are PRL?
    Err... pardon my ignorance. What is / are PRL?
    perfered roaming list I believe it stands for.

what it does is update the tower list in your device so that ur device recognizes them and that you may get better service at any given time.

U can always call sprint and tell them to flag ur phone for a prl update.
    Im pretty sure the centro's are more then update at the moment with 60610 Revision.

You all can check ur phone via the phone info menu
    Yes - there are no other automagically updated files I have ever come across.

Ben
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbone View Post
    perfered roaming list I believe it stands for.

what it does is update the tower list in your device so that ur device recognizes them and that you may get better service at any given time.

U can always call sprint and tell them to flag ur phone for a prl update.
    Im pretty sure the centro's are more then update at the moment with 60610 Revision.

You all can check ur phone via the phone info menu
    Not available as far as I can see on unlocked GSM which I have, and AFAIAA no need for such updates in GSM?

So what are these upgrades (2 so far that I have received) on GSM?
    Not available as far as I can see on unlocked GSM which I have, and AFAIAA no need for such updates in GSM?

So what are these upgrades (2 so far that I have received) on GSM?
    I would think they have to be what was mentioned in an earlier post, updates to some of the programs that get installed from My Centro app. I have never heard of any device that get's a ROM update over the air. ROM updates just don't work that way.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I would think they have to be what was mentioned in an earlier post, updates to some of the programs that get installed from My Centro app. I have never heard of any device that get's a ROM update over the air. ROM updates just don't work that way.
    AFAIAA latest Nokia phones GSM have this feature, and in Australia (can't comment for rest of world) ROM upgrades are supplied over the air as well for some Motorola phones. Nokia call it "firmware" upgrades. Same as ROM, or not?
    AFAIAA latest Nokia phones GSM have this feature, and in Australia (can't comment for rest of world) ROM upgrades are supplied over the air as well for some Motorola phones. Nokia call it "firmware" upgrades. Same as ROM, or not?
    Since I'm not familiar with Motorola and Nokia phones, I will say that Palm and Window OS phones (Treo's, HTC, BlackJack, a few others) currently can't update their ROMs OTA. I may be wrong, but I have never heard of any Palm or Windows based devices that you could update the ROM via their network. Each of these access a form of their bootloader to update the ROM files.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone