1.    #1  
    I have a Palm (AT&T) Centro... Is anyone else expericening lag or delay when using ZLauncher (5.45)?

I click on the Home button and the screen goes white (default palm OS) for a few seconds, then Zlauncher comes up? I saw this happening on my Treo680 and was hoping it wouldn't happen on my Centro, any suggestions?

I've been using Zlauncher since my 600p, 650p, 700p, 680p and now my Centro!
    Are you using the latest version?
    I quit using zlauncher because the memory footprint is just too large in general.
    Papped, your statement has nothing to do with his problem.

The latest release - probably not a consideration.

Sabanum, have you checked the ZL preferences - looking at the General tab, down toward the bottom of the screen - Update App Info: Memory is the preferred entry here.

Also, if you have the DB cache plug-in installed (or one installed for another application), that slows life down. In addition, within ZL, transparency of the background can be noticed on some devices.

Ben
    An app that uses very large amounts of program memory has nothing to do with long whitescreens inbetween app switching?

You are overusing your dbcache and probably do not have enough dynamic memory free, probably mostly because of Zlauncher.

You will eventually end up with some degree of slowdown using Zlauncher no matter what (once the effects of memory fragmentation, memory locking other apps, and installation of other 3rd party apps kick in). It has the largest memory footprint out of most of the launchers out there by a long shot.

I ended up with eventually having occasional 20+ second whitescreens loading Blazer because Blazer ended up having to dump the dbcache often due to there not being much to begin with.
    Very little to do with it. Yes there are faster 3rd party launchers, but few do what ZLauncher does and I8 is no faster. As for Blazer, it is slow loading/unloading regardless of the launcher used.

Ben
    Ok, sure...

For the OP there's several other faster, less memory intensive launchers out there if you care to investigate.
    I agree with you, here are others that are faster and less memory intensive. It is what you want to ultimately achieve.

ZLauncher and I8 are both ones that I have used. When it comes to customizing the device, ZLauncher wins. When it comes to memory savings, ZLauncher is at the top, though its foot print is rather large.

Ben
  9.    #9  
    THANK YOU ALL For the information... In response;
    1) I'm on the latest Version (5.45) [RicksTreo]
    2) I dont have "DB cache" installed; I do see... [BCLinger]
    I have;
    A. ZLauncherDB
    B. ZL_CategoreisDB
    C. ZL_DeletedListDB
    D. ZL-FavoriteListDB
    E. ZL_PluginPrefsDB
    3) ZL preferences - looking at the General tab, down toward the bottom of the screen - Update App Info: Memory is the preferred entry here [BCLinger]
    I have "Memory", note "Memory & Card" (still waiting for my 16GB MicroSD)
    4) "transparency of the background can be noticed on some devices." [BCLinger]
    Can you elaborate on Transparency?
    5) "Dump the DB Cache" [Papped] I actually remove the Browser Cache, but what about ZLauncher Cache, I don't have it installed... Should I?
    6) "there's several other faster, less memory intensive launchers out there..." [Papped & BCLinger]
    I've been using ZLauncher since I had my Treo600 and really enjoy it's functionality and versatility... So, not an option, thanks!

7) I have sent and email to Support@ZZTechs.com and still awaiting a response... Hope they have a solution...
    On one of the message boards I saw a solution w/ removing some of the ROM "Add-Ons"... Can't seem to find it anymore...
    You can use CleanStart to let less apps get notifications that your phone has been reset.

for example you can not let Blazer know, which fragments your memory less.

Transparency applies to things such as the transparency setting for the top/bottom bars. Using transparency is more resource intensive.
  11.    #11  
    In response to my email:

Hello,

Thank you for your letter!

This error does occur on some treo 680 model, and we will fix this problem
    in the next version of ZLauncher.

If you have any suggestions or questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Jacken
    Customer Service
    Guangzhou Zhangzhe Technology CO, LTD

We are pleased to announce that a new card matching
    game called Superpick is now available!
    http://www.zztechs.com/product.php?prod=Superpick

* Support: support@zztechs.com *
    * Tel: +86-02038803782-805 *
    * Address: Rm.2506, Guanghua Building, *
    * No.86, Tianhe Bei Road, *
    * Guangzhou, China. *
  12.    #12  
    Has anyone found a resolution for the Delay yet?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    No, this has been an issue since the last AT&T 680 firmware upgrade (2.11) last December. There are a few threads from back then discussing the issue. Many of us got the very same response from tech support:

My reply from 12/12/07:
    [Reply]
    Hello,

Thank you for your report!

We will try to fix this problem in the later version of ZLauncher.

If you have any suggestions or questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Jacken
    Customer Service
    Guangzhou Zhangzhe Technology CO, LTD

We are pleased to announce that a new card matching
    game called Superpick is now available!
    http://www.zztechs.com/product.php?prod=Superpick

* Support: support@zztechs.com *
    * Tel: +86-02038803782-805 *
    * Address: Rm.2506, Guanghua Building, *
    * No.86, Tianhe Bei Road, *
    * Guangzhou, China. *

Personally, I moved on to a WM6 AT&T Tilt, but I am surprised this issue has not been corrected yet.

p.s. I'm also surprised at how much that little delay aggravated me.

McTreo
    Last edited by McTreo; 06/17/2008 at 10:42 AM. Reason: correct and add details
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!