Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    I probably did not state that correctly, sorry. I guess I meant that I know for certain that the internet radio and .wma playback do not work in the trial verson of PT Deluxe. I bought it outright as the Deluxe version (for my treo 650), as I never had the onboard version. But that is a great idea to click on Check for Upgrades, just to see if they do offer a discount!
    That method leads to a page which offers PT Deluxe for $29.95.

I'd really like to be able to try it out, before committing, though.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I probably did not state that correctly, sorry. I guess I meant that I know for certain that the internet radio and .wma playback do not work in the trial verson of PT Deluxe. I bought it outright as the Deluxe version (for my treo 650), as I never had the onboard version. But that is a great idea to click on Check for Upgrades, just to see if they do offer a discount!
    Oh, no worries. But I'm relatively sure that I got a discount when I did the "check for update" from my bundled version and gave the reg key that was given with it when I registered it. Again though...it was a long time ago and I could be incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    That method leads to a page which offers PT Deluxe for $29.95.

I'd really like to be able to try it out, before committing, though.
    Have you tried installing the deluxe trial from the PTunes website? As for the discount, I'm relatively sure that once you put the code in at checkout that the sale price will take effect...that's typically how it's done.
    From the PTunes site: (I'd recommend trying the download from the site and then simply emailing them if it doesn't work as they say below)

The trial is fully-functional with all of the Deluxe features except that it will not play WMA files (including music or audio books purchased from online music stores). We offer a 15-day money back guarantee so that you can try these capabilities risk-free.
    Another point, I'm not sure if such was the same for my 755p (as I already had the deluxe version and readily moved it over), but with my TX...it came with the deluxe version that expired after the 15 day trial. My only point is that some of you likely had the deluxe version and didn't even know it...and now it has expired.
    Great find, now people can try the great internet radio streaming on there. If you do try it from the PT website though, and decide to buy it on sale at Handango, check to see if you have to uninstall the trial version first. Some apps do that. I tried the trial version off of the Palm.com website.
    Last edited by dollface; 03/28/2008 at 12:37 PM.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Great find, now people can try the great internet radio streaming on there. If you do try it from the PT website though, and decide to buy it on sale at Handango, check to see if you have to uninstall the trial version first. Some apps do that.
    Glad you mentioned that, I was thinking the same thing. It'd be an extra step, but certainly worth the effort I'd think. Getting the trial from the PTunes site wouldn't keep anyone from getting the sale price at Handago. So go for it folks!

Happy streaming to you all.
    You can save $1.50 off the upgrade price using the 25% off at Handago (see the Doll above).

BB
    Might I gush one more time, but Pocket Tunes offers some very cool skins too; most are donated from other skin makers, but they are on the PT websites - under Skins. I have about 7 that I rotate regularly, just for something different.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    I was incorrect. Even after the first 15 days you can get an additional 15 days from the 4.0.6 bundle on the 755p, but only once, AND it includes the Radio featrue.
    The radio gives a wide variety of music, but very limited news coverage. Yet with both WGBH and WBUR you get the best of Boston.

BB
    Last edited by blazorboy; 03/30/2008 at 09:47 AM. Reason: correction
    Quote Originally Posted by blazorboy View Post
    Yet with both WGBH and WBUR you get the best of Boston.

BB
    That's great. Hey, I listen to WGBH on my treo too!
    Keep in mind that you can add whatever stations you'd like to the lineup, music and news stations. I've added my local NPR station. Easy peezy. You find a link to your favorite station, you can add it and listen. The only limitations are those set by individual stations themselves.
    I tried to add the BBC and did not succeed. On Blazer you get to a page where you have to hit a play link; not sure how to add that.

In any case, from my trials so far and for my needs:

I side with those who favor Kinoma.
    But if I had to buy it twice;
    PTunes is also nice.

Reward for anyone who can ID the above allusion. Hit EStVL

BB
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohappydaye View Post
    Keep in mind that you can add whatever stations you'd like to the lineup, music and news stations. I've added my local NPR station. Easy peezy. You find a link to your favorite station, you can add it and listen. The only limitations are those set by individual stations themselves.
    Can it stream NPR content the links on their site? I want to be able to click on audio links and have'em play.
    The two best NPR stations are on PTunes WBUR and WGBH; well some think they are the best. Have not yet found them on Kinoma, but still learning about it.

BB
    I don't add stations via Blazer normally, I do it from inside PTunes. From the menu=>tools=>internet radio. Once that screen opens, tap the menu button=>add the info.

Now if I was in Blazer, I'd just go to www.wunc.com and listen and then bookmark . From there yes, I am able to listen to content links. Doing it right now.
    I also have had the occasional radio station website in Blazer where I cannot see the Listen Live button because the webpage uses flash or java. What I then did is to go onto my laptop and pull up the webpage, click on the listen live and then write down the web address for the radio stream when it came up in my player on my laptop. I then just went into PT internet radio and inserted that web address into my Favorites folder for radio stations!! It works like a charm.
    Good to know. Thanks.
    For those having trouble getting the TRIAL from the bundle and those wanting to try the Radio (cool feature). I suggest the following:

Contact Pocket Tunes. To do so email support@normsoft.com or even better visit http://www.pocket-tunes.com/scripts/support.php. Ther are usually pretty quick in replying. Best of almost any group I have used.

Customers with the T|X, LifeDrive, Treo 680, Treo 700p and Treo 755p can upgrade to a promotional upgrade price of $29.95 because they have Pocket Tunes Bundle (no it is not called Pocket Tunes Standard, just Bundle) loaded in the ROM.

If a trial was stopped prematurely and a feature still need to be evaluated then NormSoft Support will be able to restart the trial but it will only happen once.

Good luck folks.

BB
    Quote Originally Posted by blazorboy View Post
    The two best NPR stations are on PTunes WBUR and WGBH; well some think they are the best. Have not yet found them on Kinoma, but still learning about it.
    Adding NPR member station streams is a great idea...thanks!

These will be in a Kinoma Media Guide update next week, in Radio Stations > NPR Member Stations.

If there's anything else you'd like to see, you can email us at content@ our domain or use our Kinoma Media Guide submission form.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12