1.    #1  
    Can anyone point me in the right direction to download the NYC Subway map onto my 755P for free of course!!!!!

Thanks.
    Metro does not provide a map, but it apparently facilitates getting around the subway systems in a number of cities worldwide.
    I did a little googling and came up with this for you. Though someone may have better info for you. I hope that this is helpful, the OP of this thread found it to be so...though he/she was very rude to DT and I don't get that, but I digress.
    I have the entire NYC Subway system in a .pdf file.

here is a link to the file I uploaded:

NYC Subway System.pdf

just download that file to your PC, then transfer it to the card on your treo. Get the free app Palm PDF and install that on your treo to open the file.
    Last edited by dollface; 03/27/2008 at 08:10 AM.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    I used to use Tube. Now, the MTA has made their website mobile friendly. Just go to www.mta.info from the Treo's Blazer. Of course, it only works when you have an Internet connection on your phone (which is not usual underground).
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    I have the entire NYC Subway system in a .pdf file.

here is a link to the file I uploaded:

NYC Subway System.pdf

just download that file to your PC, then transfer it to the card on your treo. Get the free app Palm PDF and install that on your treo to open the file.
    Question:

I have a Centro and it takes well over a minute just to open this file using Palm PDF.

I did some reading about PalmPDF...it may need to use a lot of storage memory to render a PDF file.

I have 22Mb free. How much free storage do you have on your device?

I am sure my storage area is fragmented. Did you have to do a backup/hard reset/restore to defrage it and make it run faster?
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
    yes, this is a pretty big .pdf file; it takes a few seconds to open on my 755 also. I have 44MB free space. I have my Resco Backup program set to clear my DBCache each night when it backs up my phone; it is a nice feature. But even if you do a soft reset, it will flush the cache for you.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    The Metro app (see above) is very fine. While it does not have a map per se, it does show the stop as a list and tells you which connections to make. It is also free and I have used it in London, Tokyo, NYC, as well as OUR FAIR CITY, CAMBRIDGE MA.

BB
  9.    #9  
    Thanks guys
    Got it years ago, can't remember where, but it was freeware.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I got this EONS ago (used to run it on my treo 300 and 600 as well)

I've used it to get around NYC a bunch of times and it's fairly accurate, of course, I've also been riding MTA trains since I was 15, but who's keeping count?

Anywho, give it a try and let me know what you think.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3