1.    #1  
    Hey guys i am traveling in a day for business and have a problem with my treo that keeps appearing whenever i sync my phone (software is bad) i am pretty sure the chatter has gone bad on my treo

What i would like to do is:

Delete my hot sync ID and then re sync the phone for contacts and re build my softwares.

The only concern i haver is how do i do that?

I need to use the same ID since it is registered with my software.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    If I understand correctly, you have been able to sync in the past and all your correct information is on the computer. But you would like to erase your phone and re-sync your info.

If this is the case, you need to do a Hard Reset. Reset your phone and hold down the power button. When it prompts to erase everything by pushing up push up. Then re-sync. When you re-sync it will ask you if you want to use your old Hotsync ID or a create a new one. Choose your old one and everything will be restored.
  3.    #3  
    well the problem is that when i sync with my old name it syncs the software that crashes the phone, i want to only sync the contacts and start over on the software...
    then still do hard reset on the phone, and on your PC under Programs find the folder named Palm, inside that find the folder with your username on it, and inside that find the folder named Backup. Rename that folder Old Backup (or rename it anything you want). Now go ahead and do a hotsync with your now wiped clean phone and choose the current username. It may ask if you want to only sync the calendar and contacts, choose yes.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    then still do hard reset on the phone, and on your PC under Programs find the folder named Palm, inside that find the folder with your username on it, and inside that find the folder named Backup. Rename that folder Old Backup (or rename it anything you want). Now go ahead and do a hotsync with your now wiped clean phone and choose the current username. It may ask if you want to only sync the calendar and contacts, choose yes.
    What he said - Amen!
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM View Post
    What he said - Amen!
    Uh...dollface is a she...
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    Uh...dollface is a she...
    LOL thanks.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    LOL thanks.
    oops