Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Is there any way, on a 755P to listen to a wav file? I have ptunes deluxe, kinoma, and get my e-mail with chatter. I have just set up to have my voicemail for my business sent to me as an e-mail and would love to listen to it on the treo. It is a wav file.

So, is this hopeless?
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    I think that Pocket Tunes 4 Deluxe will play .wav tunes; save them to your card if you can, they are pretty big.

EDIT: I just checked my Pocket Tunes Deluxe and it does have a .wav plug-in.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Thank you. I have tried opening it in ptunes, but it doesn't show up. How did you check for a .wav plug-in?
    Visit My Blog

check out mvoicemail or I think they renamed it to mvisualvoice mail from Motion Apps.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I noticed that app as well. I was trying to do this without purchasing yet another program to do what I believe should be possible with what I have.

I know, I expect a lot.
    Visit My Blog

the plug-ins are only available in Pocket Tunes 4 Deluxe, not the one that comes on the 755; you have to buy PT Deluxe and install it over the one on your treo. that will play .mp3, .wma, AAC and .wav files
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I have deluxe on my treo, but nowhere is .wav listed. I see .aac listed, however.
    Visit My Blog

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I am now trying out mvisualvoicemail. Oh well.
    Visit My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996 View Post
    I have deluxe on my treo, but nowhere is .wav listed. I see .aac listed, however.

go to the Options on PT, Tools, Plug-ins --- you don't see .wav plug-in? I'll check to see when I get home if they came in the folder, perhaps you have to install them additionally. If not, check to see if your PT needs upgraded, clcik on Help, Check for Upgrades. PT Deluxe is supposed to play .wav
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I just checked, and I don't have a .wav plugin. You are right, it should play it. I will check with ptunes support about this.
    Visit My Blog

Oddly enough, my deluxe version on my 755p does not have the OGG and Wav file plug ins, but my TX does?? ..about to port them over, thanks for bringing this to my attention.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I just downloaded the .wav file, and still no dice with this wav. It may just not be possible. ptunes says it is corrupt, but it works with the trial of mvisualvoicemail.

Oh well, thank you for your help.
    Visit My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Good to know! Thanks for the link!