1.    #1  
    I have used CrashPro on my Kyo 7135 for years with great success. I NEVER had to remove the battery cover to push the reset button if it froze up. CrashPro always intercepted the freeze and automatically reset. Totally different story on my 755p. I have the latest version of CrashPro and it NEVER intercepts the freeze. Also, rarely logs the crash.

My question FOR THOSE ACTUALLY USING SAFEGUARD on a 755p.......does it work properly on your 755p and does it intercept the crash/freeze? I don't like to have to remove the battery as I have a Seidio ultraslim case that must also be removed first. I'm cheap and don't want to pay for something that doesn't work as it's developer describes. Already did that with CrashPro!

Thanks for your input.
    Brad
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I'm very new to SafeGuard so this is only my experience: this weekend I had a crash/freezeup while my screen was off that SafeGuard told me after was caused by Mundu, but I still had to remove the battery to clear the freezeup. The only other programs I have that cause occasional resets (PalmMame and LJP) reset without assistance both before and after installing SafeGuard.
    SafeGuard doesn't intercept freezes. It will, upon the second reset loop within a predescribed period of time, set the suspect app to quarantine on the subsequent crash. You then have the ability to send a remote support email to the developer to get the crashing app fixed.
    CrashPro and SafeGuard are really not in the same category. CrashPro provides information only. As a note, it does not fully function on the Centro, it does not routinely capture crash information, though it does pause the crash long enough to jot down the code. Also it works the same way on the Sprint 700P with the maintenance release installed. For me, it was a wasted purchase a while back.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by krazman View Post
    I have used CrashPro on my Kyo 7135 for years with great success. I NEVER had to remove the battery cover to push the reset button if it froze up. CrashPro always intercepted the freeze and automatically reset. Totally different story on my 755p. I have the latest version of CrashPro and it NEVER intercepts the freeze. Also, rarely logs the crash.

My question FOR THOSE ACTUALLY USING SAFEGUARD on a 755p.......does it work properly on your 755p and does it intercept the crash/freeze? I don't like to have to remove the battery as I have a Seidio ultraslim case that must also be removed first. I'm cheap and don't want to pay for something that doesn't work as it's developer describes. Already did that with CrashPro!

Thanks for your input.
    Brad
    SafeGuard provides a completely new way of gathering Treo information and determining Crash conditions. All other applications on the market only store the existing crash information that is produced by the Palm operating system. SafeGuard has Crash Detection Technology that actaully detects crashes that are caused by background applications. The vast majority of unexplained and random crashes are caused by applications that execute in the background on your Treo/Centro. SafeGuard monitors applications that execute in the background and knowns how to disagnose crashes. In addition, SafeGuard gathers an incredible amount of information about your Treo and the 3rd party applications that run on the device. SafeGuard tells you what applications actually run in the background and even more it tells you what Palm Events cause the application to run in the background. Additionally, it will tell you the installation dates of applications and it keeps a log of all of your crashes and resets. It also keeps a history of what applications you have run from the home screen. When a crash does happen, SafeGuard will provide detailed information about the crash and has a feature that will try to tell you what application caused the crash.

Lastly, SafeGuard knows how to detect and fix reset loops that are caused by applications that fail during the initial startup of your device following a soft reset.

So SafeGuard is an applicaiton that Palm devices have needed for a LONG time. No other application has ever gone this far in being able to provide the Treo's owner with usable information. Additionally, there is a feature in SafeGuard that allows you to send everything SafeGuard knows about your device to a remote help desk so they can more effectively help you solve the problem you are seeing. GoTreo has even opened its own help desk called SafeGuard LIVE! to help users diagnose problems they are seeing on their Treo/Centro devices.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    I'm very new to SafeGuard so this is only my experience: this weekend I had a crash/freezeup while my screen was off that SafeGuard told me after was caused by Mundu, but I still had to remove the battery to clear the freezeup. The only other programs I have that cause occasional resets (PalmMame and LJP) reset without assistance both before and after installing SafeGuard.
    I am also using Safe Guard (a good prog) but get "dead freezes" (= black screen no response to any buttons, only cured by battery removal). SafeGuard shows a Reset but that a crash when this has happened twice since installing SafeGuard (it did NOT cause the freezes). I think BusinessConnect might be my problem, but I am not sure. Glad to hear that someone else gets these dead freezes.

Tx,

BB