Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    If this has been discussed please forgive me I could not find it...

On the 6700 I had before using active sync I could view things on my SD card etc. And transfer them right there on my PC. So my question is this...say I take a screenshot and want to transfer it to my PC so that I can host it to post, can I do that somehow using hot sync? It is such a pain either taking the card out ( I have a clear case on it) putting it into the card reader on PC OR emailing it from phone to PC email to do this.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    You can use CardReader, CardExport, or filePC2pda/total commander (freeware solution) to transfer files directly without hotsyncing.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Thanks
    If you have bluetooth on your computer, you could send it to your computer via bluetooth.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    ......or infrared
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Hmmm, I may have to look into that. It was just so easy with the 6700 being able to see everything that was on my phone through active sync, but hated the 6700 after about a month of use. So I guess you have to give up some things for others...lol

Thanks guys
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    both CardExport and CardReader mount your Centro as an external USB drive. They do cost some money though, but pretty much provide the same usability that you are used to.
    filePC2pda does the same thing but only to TotalCommander (a file management utility for windows) The advantage of this solution that TC is nagware and you can use it for as long as you want for free (it displays an ad during startup)
    sending files via bluetooth or IRDA is very easily done through any file management utility on your Centro (such as the freeware "FileZ" app)
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the info...I will check it out.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    You could also just email the picture to yourself.... not very difficult to do.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wotan View Post
    You could also just email the picture to yourself.... not very difficult to do.
    Yeah I do that too, just if I want to do more then two sometimes it wants to fail to send.