1.    #1  
    I am stuck with this phone for a while. have had it since december and hate it.

i want to know if there is a way to put music from I Tunes onto the treo? i havent found a way yet, but i am pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff. what is the easiest way to get music on it? Thanks all.

Mark
    As I understand it. . .iTunes music is protected and can only played on an iPod or iPhone.

The Treo 755p comes with a base version of Pocket Tunes . . . . it will play any mp3s you load to memory or the audio directory of your SD card. A card reader works best for transferring mp3s from your PC to the audio directory of the SD you use in your 755p.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/23/2008 at 09:28 PM.
    If they are your own cds that you've stored in iTunes then it's no biggie. If you've purchased a bunch of music from iTunes, there's a work around. Just burn the music to a cd and import it back into your library as mp3 files.

I simply created folders in my audio folder on my card to categorize/file my music. Easy peezy, just drag and drop into the folders.
    mOcean plays itunes without having to do any conversion.
  5.    #5  
    so i can just get the mOcean program and play i tunes files on it? OR do the cd and import and not pay anymore? either one will work?
    Quote Originally Posted by mark7087 View Post
    so i can just get the mOcean program and play i tunes files on it? OR do the cd and import and not pay anymore? either one will work?
    Yes, either will work. If you don't want to buy another music app then download them in iTunes, burn to cd and them import them back. I do this automatically for two reasons. 1) It allows me to use the music on my Palm device (TX or Treo) and 2) because I want to listen to the music in my car anyway.

mOcean will allow you to sync your playlists and iTunes music seamlessly...from what I've been told. I have no experience with it.
    From the mOcean Web Site:

"My mOcean
    With all this at your fingertips you may never want more, but is there more?
    Go to My mOcean, search and enjoy in more, more of everything.
    Explore the ocean and make your smartphone like you always wanted!

Important notes: mOcean is capable of playing regular mp3s. Audio files in other formats such as .mp4 and .ogg can be played only when transferred to device during iTunes synchronization. DRM protected files cannot be played."

iTunes purchase songs are DRM protected. So, while mOcean will sync with iTunes . . . it cannot play iTunes purchased songs. Here is a thread that lists other players: (You can also research them in TC's audio software section.)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=161343
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/24/2008 at 05:01 AM.
    Also read these articles from Pockettunes and see what applies.
    Aeroplayer also has an AAC codec which will enable you to play non-DRM'ed iTunes music on your Treo.

h
    Mobile lawyering since 1988: Seiko --> Sharp Wizard --> Sharp Zaurus --> Palm III --> IIIx --> Vx --> m515 --> T|2 --> T|3 --> T|X --> Treo 755p --> HTC Droid Incredible
    Yeah the closed ecosystem of Apple/iTunes sucks...

Thats why i have made my move to the Amazon mp3 store... THey are
    - CHEAPER
    - higher bitrate
    - mp3
    - album art shows up automatically with ptunes
    - it automatically adds songs to your Itunes Library
    - my treo can play it (as well as anyone and anyplayer out there)

So piece of advise... dump iTunes and get your songs from Amazon from now on

Currently using an 8gb microsd with my 755p, syncing playlists with SyncTunes on my Mac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    From the mOcean Web Site:

"My mOcean
    With all this at your fingertips you may never want more, but is there more?
    Go to My mOcean, search and enjoy in more, more of everything.
    Explore the ocean and make your smartphone like you always wanted!

Important notes: mOcean is capable of playing regular mp3s. Audio files in other formats such as .mp4 and .ogg can be played only when transferred to device during iTunes synchronization. DRM protected files cannot be played."

iTunes purchase songs are DRM protected. So, while mOcean will sync with iTunes . . . it cannot play iTunes purchased songs. Here is a thread that lists other players: (You can also research them in TC's audio software section.)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=161343
    At least, not without the workaround of burning them to cd and importing them back.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Yeah the closed ecosystem of Apple/iTunes sucks...

Thats why i have made my move to the Amazon mp3 store... THey are
    - CHEAPER
    - higher bitrate
    - mp3
    - album art shows up automatically with ptunes
    - it automatically adds songs to your Itunes Library
    - my treo can play it (as well as anyone and anyplayer out there)

So piece of advise... dump iTunes and get your songs from Amazon from now on

Currently using an 8gb microsd with my 755p, syncing playlists with SyncTunes on my Mac.
    Exactly! I do the same (except the Mac thing )
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohappydaye View Post
    At least, not without the workaround of burning them to cd and importing them back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    <hi fives Perry's hand>