1.    #1  
    Anyone have any recommendations/complaints on screen protectors?

I have been using fellowes on my zire for years, but thats the problem they last longer typically than are advertised as I have quite a few in reserve that will likely never be used once I switch to a centro.

But I know that most manufacturers are notorious about making protectors that are mis sized enough to tick you off (typically too small)

So does anyone have a brand to recommend as spot on?
    As we are being held hostage waiting on a second color for AT&T I thought I might as well get a pack of them as well as a microsd while I wait that way once I get it I can use it right out of the box.
    I used Boxwave protectors on all of my PDAs, http://www.boxwave.com/products/clea...entro_2916.htm.
    I would recommend Invisibleshield. You'll only have to buy one as it likely never will need replacing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I used Boxwave protectors on all of my PDAs, http://www.boxwave.com/products/clea...entro_2916.htm.
    Thanks
    I last used the Boxwave, but frankly I've stopped using them. Unless one is very hard on their smartphone, I see them as degrading the performance of the phone. At best, the display wont appear as crisp and at times the touch screen will not respond quite as well. Before criticizing my suggestion, please note that these are relative comments. Overall screen protectors are "OK", but I like the look and feel of my phone display naked and I'm not hard on my gear. I think that the lastest PDAs are a) more scratch resistant and b) less reliant on stylus input than the earlier models.
    Mark Bergman
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    i've been relatively abuse to my phone (dropping it, using misc items as stylii, playing games that require repeatedly tapping the screen) and i don't have a single scratch on the built in screen protector. i'd recommend just trusting that
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bergman View Post
    I last used the Boxwave, but frankly I've stopped using them. Unless one is very hard on their smartphone, I see them as degrading the performance of the phone. At best, the display wont appear as crisp and at times the touch screen will not respond quite as well.
    I had a leftover Boxwave for my Treo that I cut (very poorly) to fit my Centro and that did decrease the sensitivity of screen presses. The one for the Centro has not produced that problem, nor did the Treo protector I had on the Treo. Kinda odd since I doubt there are any differences between them other then the size.
    Palm offers the best Screen protector.. The anti-glare one.
    Increases touchscreen sensitivity imo-
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    i've been relatively abuse to my phone (dropping it, using misc items as stylii, playing games that require repeatedly tapping the screen) and i don't have a single scratch on the built in screen protector. i'd recommend just trusting that
    normally I would agree with you but I have been a palm user for several years now, and all it takes is a stinking slip or fall, I have had at least twice now where I dropped it, and it just happened to gash or scrape the screen protector bad enough to ruin an unprotected screen. once I had one that even went through it and left a dot, luckily they apparently replaced the screen (and i suspect the guts) under my extended warranty for an unrelated issue.

but bottom line is all it takes is one freak drop on the corner of something, like in my case a car battery terminal, and a screen protector will easily pay for itself.
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post

Not more than 2 days after I got my Centro, I had a permanent scratch. Luckily, I had to return it for a different reason and I got a new one.....immediately putting on a screen protector I might add. I wouldn't go without it.
    I will weigh in on the side of getting a screen protector. I relied on the factory installed shield and my reliance was rewarded with a distinctive mark that corresponds with the position of the card deck in the solitaire game. I would recommend the invisibleshield. I have one on my 755p and never had a problem.
    Legalbeagle
    I went with the Ultimate Screen Guard from Seidio. Perfectly clear - virtually invisible unless you actively look for the edges - and no negative impact on touchscreen functionality. Very happy.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I'm using some random cheap screen protector I got from Fry's (can't recall the brand). I haven't noticed any change in sensitivity. Since the one I got was generic, I had to cut it to size and I ended up cutting it a tiny bit short. However, I'm actually glad I messed up the cut, because if all the edges were like the sides (which I cut perfect) I don't think I'd be able to ever get the protector off.