1.    #1  
    Phone Info- User Name Question

When I press my phone icon, then menu, then options, then phone info, i see a user name that isn't me. Is there a way I can change the user name or do I have to go back to sprint? Thanks Dorothy
    are you refering to username? If so, it should read something related to your carrier and not specific to you.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    are you refering to username? If so, it should read something related to your carrier and not specific to you.
    You do get a personal user name
    If you follow the steps on my Treo 700P I listed:

Phone Info- User Name Question

When I press my phone icon,
    then menu,
    then options,
    then phone info,
    i see a user name that isn't me. (it's actually my son's name)

Is there a way to change this setting (to my name) or do I go back to Sprint? Thanks
    The Sprint account user name in the Phone Info screen is set by Sprint. This is not the same as a Hotsync User ID set by you.

The phone should have had a zero out reset before you got it. A zero out reset would have made the phone the same as a new unit coming out of the box.

You need to go back to Sprint to have your account user name set.

you dont NEED to go back to sprint.

simply call them up, they know what to do.

(they will have you enter a programming menu, and erase...then it will OTA sync to your real username)

Simple, and Ive done this a few times on used phones.

Call up *2 and ask for tech support
    Hey trim

Calling Sprint tech support to change the Sprint account user name is the same thing as going back to Sprint to have this done.

Isn't it?

The OP still has to deal with Sprint on changing the account user name don't they?
    HUH? how is physically going into the Sprint store, (wasting gas, standing in line to wait for a Sprint Tech) ...wasting about 20-30 minutes of your physical time, the same as calling *2???

With calling *2, you can save precious time AND saving gas $$.

to each his own.
    Hey trim

Show me where I said, in my post above, to go back to a Sprint store to have this done.

Going to a store or calling tech support, boils down to going back to Sprint to have the account user ID changed.

I figure the OP can determine if going to a store, or calling tech support is more convenient....
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    You need to go back to Sprint to have your account user name set.

I'm not sure how to put this correctly, but if you "GO back to Sprint" it was my assumption that you physically move yourself.

If you "call Sprint" then you can stay in place from where you are at.

Not starting any smart-business, as that is what I read from your post.

ANyhow, the OP got his answer. I will unsubscribe from the thread. There's never a point for me to argue on the net anyway.

later
  10.    #10  
    I guess I'll go back to my Sprint Store PHYSICALLY, it is only 2.1 miles from my house and I go by there every day.

Thanks for help.

A lot of you you say POTATOE I SAY POTATUH around here LOL