Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Hey all,

My wife has a palm centro - and mentioned to me that when she received an SMS alert while she's on another call, the phone will vibrate and sound off at almost full volume - blasting into her ear!

I know on my Moto Q, there is a simple beep when the phone is in use....

Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks,

Matt!
    Well, a couple of things.

In Prefs, you can select a different tone, volume, and/or turn off vibrate for SMS messages. But that takes effect all the time, not just when you're on a call.

Phone Technician, from Hobbyist software, allows you to defer all alarms while you're on a call. When you hang up, the alarms will sound/vibrate as usual.

Edit: Scratch that. I just realized that Phone technician does NOT block SMS alerts. That seems stupid to me.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I have the same issue...the caller is like what is that buzzing noise and then my tone "you got mail". I find this very annoying when I have a possible job company call me and a message comes @ the same time and they have to hear it. How Can I mute this when I'm on a call

Brian
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
    This is also a major issue for me. I don't recall having this problem on my 650 and is quite annoying. I don't want to pay money for something that the developers should have thought of. Any recommendations?