1.    #1  
    Here's a puzzle for the experts:

I broke my 755p and Sprint gave me a new phone. Decided it was a good time to do the new 1.7 update before restoring everything else. Did the update with no problems then restored backed up data from card.

I use Microsoft Exchange Server via VersaMail 3.5.5 with Web2Mail as my provider. The settings on the new phone are the same as on the old. However, my mail isn't being pushed to the phone-- I can only get it by hitting the Sync tab. Contacted Web2Mail techs and confirmed settings. Still won't push mail.

When I manually synched, I was getting mail but then an error message that Outlook needed me to sync again. I turned off my Outlook sync in Versamail/Prefs/Autosync and this went away.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I did/can do to get things rolling again? Thanks and Happy Easter....
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneBear View Post
    When I manually synched, I was getting mail but then an error message that Outlook needed me to sync again. I turned off my Outlook sync in Versamail/Prefs/Autosync and this went away.
    Sounds a little similar to a problem I have with VM that happens for me regardless of the 1.07 update or not.

VM "forgets" your credentials (log in info), even though they are still listed as saved for the email account. So you are getting a push notification telling you to sync manually because you have new email and the auto-login failed.

I get this with GMail IMAP also. Happens regardless of VM version (3.5.4, 3.5.5, 4.0.1). Happens on both roms (1.0.4, 1.0.7).

I haven't been able to fix it and it pretty much renders VM worthless, so I don't use VM.
    I have a buddy that has the same problem (with out the error message) but mine works just fine.. we both have the same 755 with the 4.0.1 version. There seems to be nothing that fixes it. It only seems to happen on the 755p though since I have 3 other 700p's working on my exchange server with out any issues at all.
    imo, wait a while and then get Sprint to send you a new phone . Use a different email client in the meantime.

The downside is that you will have to spend a long time with CS doing stupid crap before they determine a replace is necessary.