Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I'm traveling this weekend and would like to access my phone's internet service on my Mac (I'm new on the Mac - long time PC user). I've searched the forums but haven't found anyone with these same configuerations. Anyone have any success? If so, can you state what your settings are? Are you using PDAnet or ? When I had my 650 and used Shadowmite's hack, I had dial-up settings in bluetooth.

Thanks for reading and hopefully some suggestions!
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    I'm traveling this weekend and would like to access my phone's internet service on my Mac (I'm new on the Mac - long time PC user). I've searched the forums but haven't found anyone with these same configuerations. Anyone have any success? If so, can you state what your settings are? Are you using PDAnet or ? When I had my 650 and used Shadowmite's hack, I had dial-up settings in bluetooth.

Thanks for reading and hopefully some suggestions!
    On the 680, PDAnet is not required -- it presents a normal Bluetooth DUN connection to the computer.
    From the drop-down menu of the bluetooth icon in the top bar, select Set Up Bluetooth Device, and go from there.
    Use the dial-up settings from the phone (*99#, WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM, password CINGULAR1)
    On EDGE, you're getting about 100K max, 50K average. In other words, the integral Bluetooth DUN capability isn't hobbled as it was in the 650.
    It's not HSDPA (3G) but is satisfactory for light browsing and email.

Good luck!
    -Rusty
    -Rusty
    Blackjack, Tilt; Treo 90, 270-680; Palm Vx, i705, T|T3, iQue 3200; Nokia N800, E71
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty J View Post
    On the 680, PDAnet is not required -- it presents a normal Bluetooth DUN connection to the computer.
    From the drop-down menu of the bluetooth icon in the top bar, select Set Up Bluetooth Device, and go from there.
    Use the dial-up settings from the phone (*99#, WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM, password CINGULAR1)
    On EDGE, you're getting about 100K max, 50K average. In other words, the integral Bluetooth DUN capability isn't hobbled as it was in the 650.
    It's not HSDPA (3G) but is satisfactory for light browsing and email.

Good luck!
    -Rusty
    So I can use this on T-Mobile? Just making sure. Weekend's come and gone and had to use my 680 for web. Not ideal but it sufficed (screen viewing). I'll use your settings later tonight and see what happens. Thanks!
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    its very simple. email me directly and I will hook you up with the modem scripts and all and how to set it up. you can do it over bluetooth with your mac with ease. its pretty fast on EDGE also.

do you have T-MobileWeb or actual TMO Internet?
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+